Kaseya Community

K2 Find Function in Scripts / Procedures missing

• I am not sure hot to look for procedures / scripts in K2. I serioulsy doubt they removed that functionality. Does anyone know where i can find it? I used that quite often to look for scripts.

Legacy Forum Name: K2 Find Function in Scripts / Procedures missing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • I have a ticket open with them about the fact that the "search" window only seems to work on Shared procs. (Don't even get me started about how the migration shuffled scripts around to different users, created a ton of duplicates, and lost several key scripts! ARGH!)

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • The search thingy is up at the top of the list of "procedures" next to the little green icon...

The search function seems to be working for me, for the most part, I've noticed that it wont expand the folders and I have to do that manually

Yea the migration stuffed up a bunch of the locations, I dont think I lost any but I cant be sure about that...

One of my biggest issues is that everyone can see everyones private folders... I've already had one tech try to run a script that wasnt ready for production (read: it wasn't done yet) use and stuffed up a machine...

Edit: not to mention it defaults me to someone elses "myProcedures" folder... ugh

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty
    The search thingy is up at the top of the list of "procedures" next to the little green icon...

The search function seems to be working for me, for the most part, I've noticed that it wont expand the folders and I have to do that manually

Yea the migration stuffed up a bunch of the locations, I dont think I lost any but I cant be sure about that...

One of my biggest issues is that everyone can see everyones private folders... I've already had one tech try to run a script that wasnt ready for production (read: it wasn't done yet) use and stuffed up a machine...

Edit: not to mention it defaults me to someone elses "myProcedures" folder... ugh

Ahhhh Thank you so much...I like this better in K2.

Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • I wouldn't mind being able to see other peoples' "myProcedures" folders if I could actually see the contents of my own! Mine was empty post-upgrade, which is amusing because I'm the tech who created 85% of the scripts. So, anyway, use a Master account to drag-and-drop stuff into "my" folder... and, my user sees nothing. (Yes, I have a ticket open for this, too. Six tickets opened within a day and a half of the upgrade. WOO HOO.)

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • I think that may be one portion of why my views are different, I am a master account so my views may be happier (for lack of a better word) than yours...

I think they're doing some behind the scenes updates on hus (we get kick out on a regular basis) that are fixing some of the issues... I was going to drop a big ticket but the system kicked me out and most of my complaints were gone... anywho...

I do like the scripting/procedures thing, Though I'm not big on the interface... I'll grow on me i suppose.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty