Kaseya Community

Limit to how many steps in a script?

• General question:

Is there a limit to how many steps can reside in a IF or ELSE statement?

Legacy Forum Name: Limit to how many steps in a script?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: luisc
  • I think the IF statement is only one... the THEN and ELSE I've got up Eleven steps... but not sure how much more I can go....

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • luisc
    General question:

Is there a limit to how many steps can reside in a IF or ELSE statement?

I have KScripts that have upwards of 60 steps in them. Is that what you're asking?

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • [QUOTE=RCS-Michael;52555]I have KScripts that have upwards of 60 steps in them. Is that what you're asking?

Michael[/QUOTE]

60 steps! my lord... I thought I was pushing it at 11 lol... Now I'm going to try combining some of those scripts Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty
    60 steps! my lord... I thought I was pushing it at 11 lol... Now I'm going to try combining some of those scripts Big Smile

In K2 scripts with multiple IF/ELSE statements, you'll find they can get especially long Smile But a lot more powerful and flexible!

Legacy Posted By Username: josh.tipping
  • [QUOTE=RCS-Michael;52555]I have KScripts that have upwards of 60 steps in them. Is that what you're asking?

Michael[/QUOTE]

A big warning: If you edit scripts in Firefox in K5.1, you'll have script steps magically disappear at about the 15 step mark or so... Mad

I'd be interested in hearing who else gets up to relatively high script step numbers. We have a Daily Audit master script that includes audit scripts for any information that we'd want from a machine that Kaseya 5.1 doesn't get. Currently at 21 steps...

And this is without any IF statement complexity.

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • I just had a K2 script with 5 IF/Then statements and about 60 other lines disappear on me... after clicking the save button Confused

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett