Kaseya Community

Remove a printer silently and remotely

• Hello all, thank you for reading my post.

I have done a search using the search feature and looked through previous posts but cannot find the answer.

Does anyone have a script, or can tell me how to remove a printer on a clients machine silently and remotely?

I have some users that have printers installed on their system that I want to remove but without them knowing.

I have disabled the "add printer" function using a group policy so that they cannot add it again.

Thank you all for your help.

Legacy Forum Name: Remove a printer silently and remotely,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mikevacs
  • Try this:

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/2kprintcontrol.php

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Here's an example on how to use VBS to remove a printer. Make sure you fill in and

Option Explicit
    Dim objNetwork
    Dim strUNCPrinter

strUNCPrinter = "\\\"
    Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")

objNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection strUNCPrinter

Legacy Posted By Username: SMason
  • Rather than hand rolling a VBS script, I'd recommend using the built-in VBS script PrnCnfg.vbs to manage your printers. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725833%28WS.10%29.aspx for details.

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • Thank you all for your help. One other thing i'd like to mention is that its not a shared printer off the server. IT people for me set it up by network IP as a local printer on each machine.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mikevacs
  • The method in the link I posted and the method that Andrew posted should do the trick. Just remember to delete the port too...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty