Kaseya Community

Eset Nod32`

• The majority of our clients are using symantec and the Kaseya scripts have been very useful to determine AV Def version.

Anyone familar with ESET NOD32 and how this can be determined via a script?

Legacy Forum Name: Eset Nod32`,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jeffg60nj
  • Should be in:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Eset\Eset Security\CurrentVersion\Info:ScannerVersion

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vernon@midmich.net
  • Hope my script will help you

------------------------------------------

Check Nod32 Defs
    If( Registry KeyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info Exists ) Then
    Create variabledefProVerand storeRegistry ValueHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\ProductVersion
    Create variabledefVerand storeRegistry ValueHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\ScannerVersion
    Write'Version: #defProVer# Date: #defVer#'into the procedure log
    Else
    Write'NOD32 does not exist on this machine'into the procedure log

Legacy Posted By Username: yyu018
  • yyu018
    Hope my script will help you

------------------------------------------

Check Nod32 Defs
    If( Registry KeyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info Exists ) Then
    Create variabledefProVerand storeRegistry ValueHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\ProductVersion
    Create variabledefVerand storeRegistry ValueHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\ScannerVersion
    Write'Version: #defProVer# Date: #defVer#'into the procedure log
    Else
    Write'NOD32 does not exist on this machine'into the procedure log

Thanks for this. It's typical to enclose the script in code tags so it's easier to read.

[Edit] It looks like a V6 script to me. Has the import / export format changed between V5 and V6 anyone?

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • [QUOTE=andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au;51499]Thanks for this. It's typical to enclose the script in code tags so it's easier to read. It's also better to include the Script Name and Script Description as these are required fields for importing the script in.

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Using the script export function, will make it easier for people to get the script in their system.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • [QUOTE=andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au;51499]Thanks for this. It's typical to enclose the script in code tags so it's easier to read.

[Edit] It looks like a V6 script to me. Has the import / export format changed between V5 and V6 anyone?

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Hi Andrew,

Yes the format is a bit different for K2/V6! The new format is XML based when exported.

As for checking AV, pulling data via WMI can be a nice way to do it rather than using product specific reg keys. Disadvantages there too but something to consider, there are scripts floating around already for this I think but I have some nice K2 based ones I've worked up that I may need to share Smile When I get a moment!

Cheers,
    Josh

Legacy Posted By Username: josh.tipping
  • josh.tipping
    Hi Andrew,

Yes the format is a bit different for K2/V6! The new format is XML based when exported.

Kasey has always done XML based exports of scripts, if you do it from a folder, instead of an individual script. I was more noticing that the individual script export format had changed...

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • [QUOTE=andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au;51698]Kasey has always done XML based exports of scripts, if you do it from a folder, instead of an individual script. I was more noticing that the individual script export format had changed...

Andrew[/QUOTE]

I meant the same thing too Smile The script posted above looks like a highlighted copy/paste of the 'View Procedure' tab in K2/V6. It will not import. Individual scripts are exported purely as XML now also (i.e, hitting export kicks off a download of an xml document).

Cheers,
    Josh

Legacy Posted By Username: josh.tipping