Kaseya Community

AVG Removal Tool

• I figured with all the AVG 9 problems out there that others would benefit from this tiny script.

Great for ensuring that all AVG related files are off a machine before re-installing via KES / troubleshooting etc.

Script Name: Run - AVG - Removal Tool
    Script Description: THis will download and run the AVG Removal tool on a machine. User interaction required. joshua.niland@xcentral.com.au

IF True
    THEN
    Get URL
    Parameter 1 : http://download.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
    Parameter 2 : %temp%\avgremover.exe
    Parameter 3 : 3
    OS Type : 0
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : %temp%\avgremover.exe
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : 0
    ELSE

Legacy Forum Name: AVG Removal Tool,
    Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • Will it cause a reboot of the machine after it runs (meaning with the AVGremover.exe cause a reboot)?

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • XeviouS
    I figured with all the AVG 9 problems out there that others would benefit from this tiny script.

Great for ensuring that all AVG related files are off a machine before re-installing via KES / troubleshooting etc.

Script Name: Run - AVG - Removal Tool
    Script Description: THis will download and run the AVG Removal tool on a machine. User interaction required. joshua.niland@xcentral.com.au

IF True
    THEN
    Get URL
    Parameter 1 : http://download.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
    Parameter 2 : %temp%\avgremover.exe
    Parameter 3 : 3
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : %temp%\avgremover.exe
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : 0
    ELSE

The script states User Interaction is required, what interaction? I have not yet run the tool.

Legacy Posted By Username: akoop
  • By user interaction I mean that you must be infront of the machine (either physically or via remote) in order to interact with this tool.

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • XeviouS
    By user interaction I mean that you must be infront of the machine (either physically or via remote) in order to interact with this tool.

To quickly distinguish scripts which require user interaction, we've adopted the convention of putting an ! in front of the script name.

The same goes for reboot scripts...

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au