Kaseya Community

Office 2007 Installation for Lots of Clients - Serial Numbers

• Hello Everyone,

I have written a script to install Office 2007 and made a .msp file for it to install silently but it seems there is no way to punch the key into the registry or command line, you have to give the setup program a .msp file with the key in it (or a config.xml)

I can do that, but I wanted to use a variable in Kaseya to store the Office MAK key and then have ONE script to install Office 2007, instead of a script for each client.

I can't work out how to do this, as I HAVE to push a file down, and I cannot select the file in the script by a variable as it's a drop down list, and the only other way I guess would do some greb of the file but and replace a string with the serial but I'm not sure that would be good either.

How are other people creating single installers but customising them per client, or is everyone creating per client installers?

Legacy Forum Name: Office 2007 Installation for Lots of Clients - Serial Numbers,
    Legacy Posted By Username: exportgoldman
  • I figured it out, I pushed down and unzipped the installer, used a command line tool to edit the config.xml with a client variable passed on the command line from Kaseya which was that clients key.

One installer, using client variables for Office installs. Cool Smile

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: exportgoldman
  • exportgoldman
    I figured it out, I pushed down and unzipped the installer, used a command line tool to edit the config.xml with a client variable passed on the command line from Kaseya which was that clients key.

Very cool. We have talked about trying to do this.

Wold you mind sharing your command line commands?

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Yes I'd be interested in this too!

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • exportgoldman
    I figured it out, I pushed down and unzipped the installer, used a command line tool to edit the config.xml with a client variable passed on the command line from Kaseya which was that clients key.

Ah. The old 'I wrote a cool script but the margin of this post is too small to fit it...'

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • put it in code tags... or zip it as an attachment

• thirteentwenty
    put it in code tags... or zip it as an attachment

I don't think it's a problem with space. I think it's a problem in that we'll never get this script shared. e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermat%27s_Last_Theorem

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • It's OK... I've got a method that works well for the most part...

• I have not tested this yet, but perhaps it will help accomplish the task:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlstar/files/

It looks like a command-line tool that can edit XML.

Legacy Posted By Username: SMason