Kaseya Community

Learning to write scripts

• Hey everyone im new to scripting world and was wondering if anyone could give me some good KB (Sites,.PDF,ect..) that will help me along my way. My company uses Kaseya and I'm trying to get things alittle more automated for us but ive run into quite a few problems trying to write even the simplest scripts, so any help would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Learning to write scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bresource
  • My advice is to read the scripting chapter of the documention first. Then look at the built-in examples and scripts available here on the forum. After that download the Kaseya scripting pack. It's got a lot more scripts in it. Of course, learning VBScript and/or PowerShell could also be helpful. Remember there's more then one way to solve a scripting problem. So have fun and good luck,

Matt

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • The Kaseya Bootcamp is essential.

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • connectex
    My advice is to read the scripting chapter of the documention first. Then look at the built-in examples and scripts available here on the forum. After that download the Kaseya scripting pack. It's got a lot more scripts in it. Of course, learning VBScript and/or PowerShell could also be helpful. Remember there's more then one way to solve a scripting problem. So have fun and good luck,

Matt

Matt,

What is the "Kaseya Scripting Pack"?

Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman
  • Sansman
    Matt,

What is the "Kaseya Scripting Pack"?

It's a bunch of scripts assembled by Benjamin Lavalley. Benjamin is a sales person at Kaseya. He took it upon himself to assemble the scripts and package them together. Please note these scripts are not the built-in example scripts and are NOT official supported by Kaseya. But they are free so I recommend you download them and review them. There may already be a script for something you need or planned to do. If not it should help your understanding of Kaseya scripting and scripting techniques.

It's available here: http://msp.kaseya.com/scriptpack/scriptpack.asp

Matt

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Matt,

This is great! Thanks for the Info.

JohnSmile

Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman