Kaseya Community

Anyone having/had this problem?

• Hi All,

I'm trying to get a couple of scripts running on a couple of servers to make sure prone to failure applications are running, eg, they would check that firefox.exe was running, if not, they would execute c:\program files\mozilla\firefox\firefox.exe etc.

They just dont work, they exec firefox.exe (example) in task manager but do not launch the program.

I have tried everything, creating .bat files and executing them as files from Kaseya scripts, even though I can go to the actualy server itself, double click the .bat file and the application will load/launch, Kaseya will only load the process in task manager, rather than launch the program.

Can anyone help?

PS. I currently have a ticket open (#191595) which has been passed to a senior engineer but could do with resolving this today.

Cheers
    Neal

Legacy Forum Name: Anyone having/had this problem?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: goodane1
  • Depending on what the application is you need to run it may need to run as an interactive task.

If so you may need to either 'Impersonate User' or make sure that theKaseya Service account is running as the usr you want to run the tasks and that it is allowed interactive access to the desktop.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • PeterS
    Depending on what the application is you need to run it may need to run as an interactive task.

If so you may need to either 'Impersonate User' or make sure that theKaseya Service account is running as the usr you want to run the tasks and that it is allowed interactive access to the desktop.

Hi, just added the impersonate user, used the domain administrator, still doesn't make any difference?

• weve been having similar problems running dsquerey and running malwarebytes from kaseya scripts, they just dont want to run, could be related

weve also found one of our checkdisk reboot scripts no longer works which used to work fine, and its had no changes

goodane1
    Hi All,

I'm trying to get a couple of scripts running on a couple of servers to make sure prone to failure applications are running, eg, they would check that firefox.exe was running, if not, they would execute c:\program files\mozilla\firefox\firefox.exe etc.

They just dont work, they exec firefox.exe (example) in task manager but do not launch the program.

I have tried everything, creating .bat files and executing them as files from Kaseya scripts, even though I can go to the actualy server itself, double click the .bat file and the application will load/launch, Kaseya will only load the process in task manager, rather than launch the program.

Can anyone help?

PS. I currently have a ticket open (#191595) which has been passed to a senior engineer but could do with resolving this today.

Cheers
    Neal

Legacy Posted By Username: steve b
  • Had a similar problem trying to run a Dell client config utility. Someone else on this forum showed me that I needed to run my executable from psexec for it run...like this:

Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : #tempdir#\psexec.exe /accepteula -w #tempdir# #tempdir#\DellWOL.exe

Legacy Posted By Username: nickb
  • nickb
    Had a similar problem trying to run a Dell client config utility. Someone else on this forum showed me that I needed to run my executable from psexec for it run...like this:

Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : #tempdir#\psexec.exe /accepteula -w #tempdir# #tempdir#\DellWOL.exe

Hi there, unfortunately this doesn't work for me - it works if run from cmd.exe on the computer itself, but being in a script still doesn't load the program..

• nickb
    Had a similar problem trying to run a Dell client config utility. Someone else on this forum showed me that I needed to run my executable from psexec for it run...like this:

Execute Shell Command

This is my actual command I am trying to send to the computer, which just starts 'wrun32.exe' in the processes tree and not the actual application:

c:\icts\psexec.exe /accepteula -w c:\icts C:\acucbl31\bin\wrun32.exe -c m:\lib\client.cfg am\amauto "\:console:root:lw:lwfnrp:00:Fee Note SpoolerStick out tongue::::B"

• Did you choose Execute as User or Execute as System in the Kaseya script?

Legacy Posted By Username: nevesis
  • This is part of the malwarebtyes script that I found on this site.
    See if this helps with your script

Parameter 2 : 1
    OS Type : 0
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runupdate
    Parameter 2 : 1
    Pause Script
    Parameter 1 : 20
    Set Registry Value
    Parameter 1 : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\selectedrives
    Parameter 2 : C:\|
    Parameter 3 : REG_SZ
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe"
    Parameter 2 : /fullscan
    Parameter 3 : 0

Legacy Posted By Username: wayne@mithrax.com
  • I have since been playing around with this and am trying to break it down to its component parts so the first thing I have done is to create a bat file to wirte the results of ipconfig /all to a text file. I set the kaseya script to execute this file. This operation works fine.

The next step was to create a simple bat file to launch iexplore.exe, on the local machine this works perfectly well yet when executing the bat file from the kaseya script it simply does not work.

Does anyone know how to launch an applicaiton from a kaseya script, once I overcome this first obstacle then I can worry about the arguments? I have requested support on this from Kaseya directly but after 4 weeks we still have not got anywhere, someone must know the answer please help?

• this is a quick and dirty on how to launch IE with a url with no extentions

Script Name: test
    Script Description:

IF Application is Running
    Parameter 1 :
    THEN
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe"
    Parameter 2 : http://www.google.com -extoff
    Parameter 3 : 3
    ELSE

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • try this:

Script Name: test
    Script Description: test

IF True
    THEN
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : start iexplore.exe
    Parameter 2 : 0
    OS Type : 13
    ELSE

Legacy Posted By Username: ssplinter
  • Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm having a similar problem trying to execute a file using a script. I'm trying to install the Verizon Wireless Broadband Drivers and the Verizon Wireless Access Manager. I've tried "Execute File" and "Execute Command Shell" with both .bat and .exe files but neither works. I've tried running as "User" and as "System" both with the same results. As with this post, the file executes perfectly when run from the local machine and the bat file does too. If anyone has been able to conquer this hurdle, please let me know. Thank you.

Legacy Posted By Username: bradall36
  • bradall36, start a new thread...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty