Kaseya Community

Certain scripts not running

• Thought i’d put this in the forum so hopefully someone can help me

One of our users cannot seem to run full scripts from Kaseya, its getting stuck on..... Run Now - KES Update and Get Add/Remove Programs List

And when we try to RC this machine it just comes up with a blank screen,

If we remove these scripts then the other scripts appear to run as normal but these two do not seem to work.

So far we have re-installed the agent serveral times at users desk, cleared off all old AV software, run numerous malware scans and it is still not happening.

The user is on a Windows XP SP2 fully patched computer

i can not find any other issues and was wondering if anyone had any ideas??

Thanks a lot in advance

Legacy Forum Name: Certain scripts not running,
    Legacy Posted By Username: philcase
  • Had this happen to me a few times try forcing the update of the agent

Agent |> Upgrade Version > Update Agent
    Select the computer and the " Force update even if agent is at version 5.1.0.0" option.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I would check the temp directory as well

Legacy Posted By Username: mattb@ghentcomputer.com
  • What form of remote control are you using?

• we have tried using....WinVNC, K-Vnc and terminal server but still blank screen on all of them.

i have tried updating the agent but this does not appear to do anything. The computer is turned on. i selected the computer and selected Force update and clicked apply. usually when doing this i assume u get a scheduled time when it will happen, but this no changes appeared obvious and it still does not show anything as being updated.

Thanks

• philcase
    we have tried using....WinVNC, K-Vnc and terminal server but still blank screen on all of them.

Everyone gives me heaps of hell for this, but it's almost always worked... (esp for term serv connections to a workstation)...

try updating the video drivers from the manufacturer's website... I see it most often with nvidia chipsets but have come across it with ati chipsets too.

• Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions. No fix so far I'm afraid.
    I've emptied the temp and updated the driver from nvidia.
    It looks like this pc had a bad virus in the past - there were multiple AV's installed when we came to it.
    It won't run patch scan - manually going to MS Updates site also fails.
    The main script that seems to get stuck, and stop everything else is "get add/remove programs"

Am thinking now of Windows repair install (XP) or possibly cloning another which works ok.

If you have any more suggestions, they would be most welcome, but I think we'll proceed with the above next week.

Thanks again

Phil

• Nuke the box and re-install is the only sure way to correct issues after a malware incursion IMHO.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • It's back up and working again after Windows XP repair install.

Windows updates also working after clearing IE history.

Thanks