Kaseya Community

ntfs permission / sharing review script?

• I am working on a new client security audit and was looking for a simplistic way to audit the existing NTFS and share permissions. One of my colleagues mentioned that this was covered in a Kaseya TechJam, that I wasn't able to attend.

Is he right and if so, do you have maybe the PPT from that TechJam and the sample scripts that you'd be able to send to me or post on the Kaseya Forums?

Thanks for any help with this.

Legacy Forum Name: ntfs permission / sharing review script?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: goldsworthyj@linkedtech.com
  • See the May 2009 techjam info at http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/132/t/10629.aspx

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dbennett
  • I followed the provided URL and downloaded the files. How do I use them with my KServer though?

Legacy Posted By Username: n8dawg
  • You need to import the XML as a folder.

Open Scripts - click a folder and on the right at the bottom you have an option to import folder. I tried to import the XML but it would not work so I copied and pasted the XML code into the window and then imported it and it creates a folder structure for you with multiple scripts.

You then need to ensure that you have the tools required for all these scripts. the locations for all these are listed in the end of the PDF.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin