Kaseya Community

Script to create local user profile.

• I'm looking for a script to create a profile for a named domain user on the local workstation. Anyone have anything like that?

Legacy Forum Name: Script to create local user profile.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • Are you trying to add multiple users or just add a user on the fly?

If you are trying to add a user on the fly, you can go under the remote control tab and choose reset password on the left and set a new user on a system that way.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: netprotect
  • I need to create a new, unique user profile on a number of computers in a group. Even if the remote control option you mentioned works (creates the user and the profile), that would be a manual process to do on 100 computers, which I'm trying to get away from. I'd rather spend 10 hours scripting the process, than spending 10 hours creating user profiles manually...

• The reset password option under remote control can create a local admin OR non admin user on any number of selected machines all at once.

Point Click Done.

Legacy Posted By Username: YLindsay
  • I believe he wants unique user profiles on each machine and this is where the problem lies.

I'm not entirely sure how you could go about scripting 'unique' account creation, though the reset password option under remote control is definately the easiest way to create a standard account across all machines.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • That just creates a user account. I don't need an account, I need a profile.

The SBS "connectcomputer" script does this. I can get my hands on the executables from the SBS server, but I can't find any documentations for these files at all ...

• You could zip the profile that you want- and push it out to the default profile on all the machines, then use the 'reset username' tool under remote tools to create the account. When the user first logs in it will create a profile for them based off the default profile, once your 100 users are logged in, you can then push out your 'standard' default profile.

Legacy Posted By Username: BizTek
  • It's not 100% clear what your intended goal is, but if you have an account on the local machine or in AD, you can run a simple command to create a profile.

If you were doing this manually on one workstation, the quickest, easiest way to get a profile created is to open a command prompt and type in:

runas /profile /user:%domain%\%username% cmd.exe

You'll be prompted for the username and password then a command prompt will open up under that user's context after it creates a profile for it.

I don't have a kaseya script for it, but you could execute a .bat or .cmd file with that command on the machine...

Legacy Posted By Username: jim@blacktuskgroup.com
  • That is on the right track, but unless I can also specify the password, it doesn't really help much.

What I am trying to do is to create a specific user profile on a specific machine using a predefined list of machine names and corresponding user names. This way, I can simply copy their old profile (desktop, "favorites", etc) into the newly created profile.

So, I have a file that looks like this:
    ComputerName, OUser, NUser

The VBScript would then match up ComputerName to the name of the computer it is running on, automatically create the profile for NUser, then copy the content of the OUser profile into the NUser profile. When the user then comes in the next morning and logs in with the NUser credentials, everything will be as it was the day before, except for the user name ...

• psexec will do exactly what you want, and you can pass the password. I just tested this on my machine, and it does create the profile:

psexec \\%computername% -u \ -p cmd.exe

Obviously, you'll need to replace \ and with your predetermined choices.

Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • Dear Sir,

Please anybody can help out me in creating user profiles in winxp by writing script via kaseya.

Thanks & Regards

S.SHESHANK.

Legacy Posted By Username: sheshank
  • Just curious if anyone has created a script that will create the new domain\user profile, reboot the PC, and then copy an existing user profile to the newly created user profile. Anyone done this?

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • Here's my thoughts. It's only thoughts but it may lead you in the right direction.

Create a Kaseya script to:
    1. Download all necessary files to the local system.
    2. Setup automatic logon using the username you need the profile.
    3. Create an entry registry run key to automatically run a script using VBS or other technology.
    4. Force a reboot.

Upon the reboot the system logons and runs the VBS or other script to complete the creation and any customizing of the profile. The last steps of the VBS or other script are to remove the run key entry, disable the auto logon, and logout.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Account Management.txt
    hey guys

try this scripts

Legacy Posted By Username: gopinath.jayakumar
  • gopinath.jayakumar
    hey guys

try this scripts

Again I must rant on about this. Please fully read the question BEFORE replying. It's better to ask more questions then to post a reply that doesn't assist or help in the solution. We are talking about user PROFILES here not user accounts. All the scripts you attached have NOTHING to do with profiles just users accounts and mailboxes. It's have nothing against you personnally. It's just a big pet peeve that some people answer before they understand the question.

Thank you,

Matt

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex