Kaseya Community

Licensing....

• ok so I look around the forums and I see requests from people looking for scripts to use spybot, ccleaner, malwarebytes....etc.

My question is this. How is it legal for us to use these programs on our business clients via Kaseya. Am I misreading the EULA of these programs that say they are free for personal use? Does it not go against the eula to install and use them on a business machine?

Just curious cause we are trying to work out maintenance automation procedures but keep running into this roadblock....

Thanks,

Stuart

Legacy Forum Name: Licensing....,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nenstuart
  • are theyre not paid versions of these programs that permit use in such areas? I certainly thought there was.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Commander
  • Commander
    are theyre not paid versions of these programs that permit use in such areas? I certainly thought there was.

Absolutely but do you not have to pay for each license you use on a clients machine? Or does your client not have to pay for each license for each machine?

This seems rather cost prohibitive to me.....

Legacy Posted By Username: nenstuart
  • With most of these apps there is a "technical" license or enterprise that will allow you to have the software installed on a certain number of machines at once. This usually costs a large amount of money to cover for 100's of licenses but if you are worried about the licensing then it is something you would need to look into.

Hope this helps.

Legacy Posted By Username: Comsyco
  • As far as I can see ccleaner is freeware, including for commercial use.

Legacy Posted By Username: richardprice
  • Malware Bytes has a technician license that is reasonable.

But, yeah, that's a major issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: nevesis