Kaseya Community

Symantec Manual Removal Script

• So often we are faced with the time consuming task of doing a manual removal of Symantec products from a client's machine. This is all due to Symantec's corporate products not doing an uninstall of all of their registry keys, file and folders.
    As many know, the improper removal of the Symantec product line tends to slow down the computer and make things worst.
    Has anyone created a script to search for and fully remove each of these registry keys? Our experience is that the NoNav tool just isn't getting the job done.
    If not, I would be interested in finding out if anyone else is interested in working on this project with me and if anyone else would find value in this script. I look forward to your replies.
    TR

Legacy Forum Name: Symantec Manual Removal Script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: trnetwork
  • I use SCSCleanWipe from Symantec to remove their corp products when the uninstaller fails. It's an automated batch file that can be directly edited to fit the clients situation. Here is a link to some edu website that will tell you a little more.

http://www.etown.edu/ITS.aspx?topic=UponGrad:++Removing+SAV+on+Windows

Direct link to dl the file

http://www2.etown.edu/its/downloads/SCSCleanWipe.zip

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mac
  • Thanks I will give this a try. Have you found that this removes everything or is there ANY Symantec leftovers?

Legacy Posted By Username: trnetwork
  • It seemes to remove all reg entries but im not sure about the folders. I ran it in a VM a few minutes ago and it completely removed corp 10.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mac
  • Does anyone know if this will work with Corp 11? The readme only mentions up to 10.

Legacy Posted By Username: FCCSonline
  • I have had success with removing 11 with this tool.

Legacy Posted By Username: jm-ctaccess
  • please also note that is will remove ALL symantec products so if run this on a server, be careful of backup exec and other symantec products.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mssinc
  • Here is a script that we've been working on that will more or less cleanup the SEP 11 x and remove some other files for the KES install. We have had decent success. We were uninstalling SEP too fast and then deleting the Clt-inst folder, which I have just removed from C:Temp. Which we had to do a system restore for.

Test this first!!

****Script 1*****

Script Name: SEP 11.x Uninstall
    Script Description: This script creates a sys restore point, uninstalls SEP 11.X via the registry uninstall script, uninstalls Live Update, Cleans up symantec folders and then reboots the machine. You should then run an Audit

To find the product code for your product

You need to customize the part within the <>

1. In the Windows Registry Editor, expand the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

This key contains many keys.

2. In the left pane, click each key.
    3. In the right pane, look at the DisplayName value.
    4. Find the key whose DisplayName value is Symantec Endpoint Protection
    5. Use the product code in the command line as shown in the next section of this document.
    The surrounding braces are part of the code.

Write the command line
    Type the following command line to uninstall your product version. Use the product code that you found in the previous

IF True
    THEN
    Execute Script
    Parameter 1 : Create Restore Point XP (NOTE: Script reference is NOT imported. Correct manually in script editor.
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : 0
    OS Type : 8
    Pause Script
    Parameter 1 : 300
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe /q/x {Replace This with the Registry Key info but keep the braces}
    Parameter 2 : 0
    Execute Script
    Parameter 1 : KES SEP cleanup (NOTE: Script reference is NOT imported. Correct manually in script editor.
    Parameter 2 : 1
    Parameter 3 : 1
    Reboot
    ELSE

*****Script 2***KES SEP CLEANUP***

This script hasn't been updated since KES B3. Will be testing it out and If I have problems with it, I will try to update

****Copy Below****

Script Name: KES SEP cleanup
    Script Description: This script helps remove the conflict files from KES installations and uninstalls live update if avail

IF True
    THEN
    Execute Shell Command - (Continue on Fail)
    Parameter 1 : "c:\Program Files\symantec\Lsetup.exe" /U /q
    OS Type : 0
    Parameter 1 : "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Liveupdate\lsetup" /U /q
    Parameter 1 : del "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"
    Parameter 1 : del "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe"
    Parameter 1 : RMDIR "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" /q /s
    Parameter 1 : RMDIR "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Cached Installs" /q /s
    Parameter 1 : del "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe"
    ELSE

Legacy Posted By Username: jestes