Kaseya Community

Count individual Spybot Items and Add to Report?

• This question spans multiple areas so this might not be the appropriate forum. Maybe someone has a better way of doing things than I'm doing them.

I want to include a count of all individual Spybot items found on all machines on our Executive Summary report.

Currently, I have a script creating events in the application log for each individual Spybot item found. So if Spybot's Fixes.txt shows 10 items were fixed, it will generate 10 events in the application event log for that machine.

The problem I'm having is figuring out a way to get this total count number into my Executive Summary reports. I tried generating alarms for each event because the executive summary can count the alarms, but it always seems to group multiple events into a single alarm, regardless of the alarm generation settings I use.

Any ideas for solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Count individual Spybot Items and Add to Report?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GEO
  • Hey Geo,
    We are doing this in our company but performing the operation a little differently. What I do is after the SpyBot script runs that updates, immunizes and scans. I have another script that renamed the fixes-date.txt file to "fixes.txt" and then use get file content to put all the content into the Script Log. From there we parse the script logs to generate the number in the report.

Here it goes:

Report has Row:
    Title = Spyware Removed
    Row Type = Script Log
    Search Item =
    Search Filter = *fixed*

Since the contents of the fixes log was put into the Script Log and has one line with (*, fixed) per item fixed then we are able to count the amount of items resolved.

Here is the script we use to rename and upload the file.

Script Name: Rename and upload SpyBot 1.6  Fixes file
    Script Description: Renames the Fixes(Date).txt file in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs" to "fixes.txt". Parses the file and uploads the data to the script log;

IF True
    THEN
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : cd "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs\" & ren fixes*.txt fixes.txt
    Parameter 2 : 1
    OS Type : 0
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 1
    Parameter 2 : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\fixes.txt
    Parameter 3 : fixes
    Get File
    Parameter 1 : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\fixes.txt
    Parameter 2 : Spybot-fixes.txt
    Parameter 3 : 1
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : #fixes#
    ELSE
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : No Spyware/Adware found.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me via email as listed in my signature.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: djennings