Kaseya Community

Running script on start-up

• Hey Everyone,

I'm new to Kaseya, and i was wondering if theres any way to make an alert or something that enables me to run a script every time a system starts up? I did some quick browsing through monitor sets and such, but couldn't find anything definitive.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: Running script on start-up,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bjervis
  • bjervis
    Hey Everyone,

I'm new to Kaseya, and i was wondering if theres any way to make an alert or something that enables me to run a script every time a system starts up? I did some quick browsing through monitor sets and such, but couldn't find anything definitive.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Yes.

Go to the Monitor section. Pick "Alerts" in the function list (down the left). Select "Agent Status". Check the "when agent comes online" box, then assign a script to run ...

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • What about when the Internet Connection drops and then comes back online?

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    What about when the Internet Connection drops and then comes back online?

Aah, that's true ... maybe the script can check the "last reboot time", and see if it's within the last 5 minutes?

Or, you can trap the "Event log service has started" message in the event log. That only shows up when the system boots (or if the event log service restarts for some reason. It really shouldn't...)

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • Thanks guys!

The script i need to run is just a basic VB script that collects user data for each machine every time they log in and stores it in a text document. It overwrites the document every time, so it's not really an issue if it runs more than it should.

Legacy Posted By Username: bjervis