Kaseya Community

Screenshot script

• I have a client that has some employess that are screwing around on myspace when they should be working. I have a script that will parse the index.dat files and email the results but I think it will be more fun to capture screenshots of the employees desktops instead. I need to be sneaky about this. Any ideas?

Legacy Forum Name: Screenshot script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mac
  • Block myspace.com on the firewall.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • Lmhansen
    Block myspace.com on the firewall.

that was my first solution too but this is what the client wants built into their kaseya service. There is a good post on the forum about using minicap, i might try to adapt that to my needs.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mac
  • We use SpectorSoft for managers that need to monitor employees that goof off. It doesn;t intergrate with Kaseya, but I wanted to share the info.

http://www.spectorcne.com/

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Have you pulled the IE history file with GET file? The scripts are in this forum.

Works pretty good. Catches more than Myspace.

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • You may want to look into a Cymphonix device (http://www.cymphonix.com/). We have deployed a couple of them and they are amazing. Not only do they offer all the web filtering you could ever want but they can do bandwidth shaping. We've seen real improvements in speed once this device is in.

Obviously, its a little pricey but its worth every penny.

Legacy Posted By Username: MGray
  • Untangle interfaces with Kaseya and $15/month for AD integration reports all internet access by user and can block.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmancini
  • I have thought about making a screen shot script for a specific application we use that I want to report on.

Due to problems regarding actually getting the image to the right location easily and scriptable I am going to make a small application which runs like so;

#AgentTemp#\SamsCap.exe /t:jpg /d:#AgentTemp#

Would anyone else find this useful?

Legacy Posted By Username: sam.taylor
  • Script Name: Remote Screen Capture copy
    Script Description: Author: Francis McPhail
    Date: 18th March 2008
    Company: Australian United Retailers Ltd. (T/A FoodWorks)
    Email: francismcphail@foodworks.com.au
    Edited by: VNET

Script Details:
    Takes a remote screen capture and then stores the file on the Kaeya Server. The file can then be accessed by loading the 'Get File' item in the 'Function List' section of the scripts window.

Requirements:
    Requires MiniCap from http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/MiniCap/

IF True
    THEN
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 10
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : KAgentTemp
    OS Type : 0
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 6
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : KAgentID
    Write File
    Parameter 1 : #KAgentTemp#\MiniCap.exe
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\MiniCap.exe
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : "#KAgentTemp#\MiniCap.exe"
    Parameter 2 : -closeapp -capturedesktop -exit -save #KAgentTemp#\#KAgentID#.jpg
    Parameter 3 : 0
    Pause Script
    Parameter 1 : 5
    Get File
    Parameter 1 : #KAgentTemp#\#KAgentID#.jpg
    Parameter 2 : #KAgentID#\#KAgentID#.jpg
    Parameter 3 : 2
    Delete File
    Parameter 1 : #KAgentTemp#\#KAgentID#.jpg
    Delete File
    Parameter 1 : #KAgentTemp#\MiniCap.exe
    Delete File
    Parameter 1 : #KAgentTemp#\MiniCap.ini
    ELSE

Legacy Posted By Username: Resistance2Fly
  • Resistance2Fly, that is an excellent script! Thanks for this!

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • I think it would be even better if we could modify it to keep all versions of the screenshots (by date), This way, you can have it run the script after a virus is found, and actually find out where they picked the virus up from Cool

I could not figure out how to script this (could not figure out how to do a date variable)

any ideas to improve this script...

Legacy Posted By Username: Resistance2Fly
  • Resistance2Fly
    I could not figure out how to script this (could not figure out how to do a date variable)

any ideas to improve this script...

Ditto. I tried using the variable "get modified date", but that has slashes in it so when I wrote it to the VSA it ended being in folders like Screenshot-2008/07/09.jpg. I guess, if one doesn't mind everything being sorted into folders, that could work. There's longer ways around it (like running a Windows command to output the current date/time to a file, getting the contents of that file, and then using that as a variable when using Get File to writeout the file name on the VSA)... But that really just seems over the top for such a simple goal.

• I haven't tested this yet (I'm working on another scripting project entirely right now) but... what about using the Database View variable #vAgentConfiguration.lastCheckin# as part of the snapshot's filename?

EDIT: MiniCap has a $date$ filename macro. Even better.

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • Well done GreyDuck, #vAgentConfiguration.lastCheckin# works great. The problem with the the $date$ variable in the command line arguments is that we then don't know what the filename is. The Kaseya script can't use Get File, and can't delete the file afterwards. But as I said, #vAgentConfiguration.lastCheckin# puts the date format in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.sss, which works out great.

• arobar,

Could you post an updated version of the script you have woring with the different dates.

It would be much apprechiated (atleast by me anyway). Smile

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: GrantB