Kaseya Community

Ports needed for Kaseya services to run fine

• Hi guys,
    We have some managed computers that we need to restrict Internet access through firewall. We only grant access to a specific website like webmail.

On those PC I’m getting patches failed error (I’m deploying through UNC path) and when I enable Internet access patches are go through, so my question is:

Which ports do I need open at my firewall for Kaseya services to work properly on a agent with Internet access blocked?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris...

Legacy Forum Name: Ports needed for Kaseya services to run fine,
    Legacy Posted By Username: christian@syneteksolutions.com
  • This can be approached a couple of different ways. I would allow all internet traffic to the “server”. Then set the patch management to use that server as the “file source” . In theory the local server would download the patches and the workstations would get the patches from it.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jrvandy
  • If I'm not mistaken port 5721 is used if you are downloading the patches from the server for example with KES. If you get them from the internet, they would be coming over port 80 from microsoft.

For the microsoft patches, you'll need to grant them access to that site depending on how you block them.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • The agent will need whatever you have set as the port.(5721 default)

The update from the UNC is not affected by the local lans internet access at desktop level. Only the agent machine with UNC share must have port 80 access.

I have had lots of issues with UNC updating and it is normally credential issue and in the case of KES.. there are issue that Kaseya are working on.
    Also sugest you grant "everyone" read access in Share/Security permissions
    Even modify rights for testing..

Make sure you run a patch status on the desktops.. might highlight an issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: Steve Morris
  • OK, thanks guys !!

I'll give all of this a try...

Legacy Posted By Username: christian@syneteksolutions.com