Kaseya Community

DSRM Password Reset Script

• DSRMreset.zip
    Do you know the directory services restore mode password on all your DC's? If not, use this script to reset the password. I've got a managed variable, or you can just edit this script per domain. You could probably edit the script to pull the FQDN as a variable, I already had my managed variable setup for my Join Domain script.

Script Name: DSRM Password Reset
    Script Description: The script will reset the Directory Service Restore Mode on all domain controllers in a forest.

By: Charles Surrett
    Convergence Networks

IF True
    THEN
    Write File
    Parameter 1 : #vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\DSRMreset.bat
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\DSRMReset\DSRMreset.bat
    OS Type : 0
    Write File
    Parameter 1 : #vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\setpwd.exe
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\DSRMReset\setpwd.exe
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : xcopy "#vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\setpwd.exe" C:\Windows\System32
    Parameter 2 : 0
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : #vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\DSRMreset.bat password
    Parameter 2 : 0
    ELSE

Legacy Forum Name: DSRM Password Reset Script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of this topic just the other day.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • We just had a problem the other day - had a DC go down and didn't have the DSRM password. I tried to download the ZIP file but it appears to be corrupt, can you repost?

Thanks for sharing, DSRM goes unnoticed so often and can really bite you in the ***.

Legacy Posted By Username: captplanit
  • captplanit
    I tried to download the ZIP file but it appears to be corrupt, can you repost?

Thanks for sharing, DSRM goes unnoticed so often and can really bite you in the ***.

It was zipped with WinRAR, I just re-downloaded it and was able to open it and extract with WinRar. Give that a shot and let me know, I can reup it with 7zip or something if it doesn't work.

• What exactly should the FQDN variable contain? Is it domaincontrollername.domain?

Legacy Posted By Username: akoop
  • akoop
    What exactly should the FQDN variable contain? Is it domaincontrollername.domain?

It just needs domainname.suffix (yourdomain.local). This script will reset the password on all domain controllers in the domain.

• I'm also having issues with a corrupt zip file.. Any chances of a re-up please?

Thanks,
    -LWX

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • I used the winrar to extract the zip and it worked fine, but winzip would not.

Legacy Posted By Username: akoop