Kaseya Community

HP Battery Recall View

• Last night I was reading Engadget and found out about the latest HP battery recall. It affects about 70,000 machines, and it's a good excuse to get a brand new battery for a probably-aging machine.

Anyways, the article lists the potentially affected model numbers, and I thought to myself "Hey, I bet I could create a view for that..." and so I did!

I don't believe Kaseya has a mechanism for exporting views, but as far as views go this is pretty simple:

In the Advanced Agent Data Filter:

Manufacturer: *hp* or *compaq* or *hewlett*
    Product Name: *dv2000* or *dv2500* or *dv2700* or *dv6000* or *dv6500* or *dv6700* or *dv9000* or *dv9500* or *dv9700* or *a900* or *c700* or *f700* or *v3000* or *v3500* or *v3700* or *v6000* or *v6500* or *v6700* or *g6000* or *g7000* or *6720s*

And that's it! I was able to run an aggregate table report with the machines I found, and forward that on to the Director of Support Services at my company, who was very impressed. So take a moment to add this view and contact some users, and hopefully you'll be avoiding tickets like "My laptop blew up" or "My house burned down!"

Here's the link for more information: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09221.html

---
    David Heinen
    Radical Support
    http://twitter.com/LinkDJ

Legacy Forum Name: HP Battery Recall View,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dheinen
  • Thanks! I found 12 agents with this recall view.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • David,

Very cool. Thanks! We have 10 machines that meet the conditions, and will notify the clients.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • very nice.

Legacy Posted By Username: runnetworks
  • Thanks Much

Legacy Posted By Username: Irshad
  • how do you run this, is this within Kasyea or Excel or SQL??

Legacy Posted By Username: djennings
  • This is an actual filtered view (select view) for a machine group.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj