Kaseya Community

Adobe Reader 9.1 Install

• Just finished creating and testing this script, If an earlier version of Adobe Reader is installed it will overwrite (tested on version 8.0 and 9.0). i'm working on an Adobe Acrobat 9.0 update script now, I'll post it up when I'm finished.

Script Name: AdobeReader_v9.1_Install
    Script Description: Checks for the Existence of Adobe Reader 9.1. If absent downloads Adobe Reader 9.1 from Adobe website and installs. Nulls EULA, Splash Screen, and Desktop shortcut.

IF Test Registry Key
    Parameter 1 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A91000000001}
    Absent :
    THEN
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 10
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : AgentTemp
    OS Type : 0
    Get URL
    Parameter 1 : http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.1/enu/AdbeRdr910_en_US_Std.exe
    Parameter 2 : #AgentTemp#\AdbeRdr910_en_US_Std.exe
    Parameter 3 : 3
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : #AgentTemp#\AdbeRdr910_en_US_Std.exe /sAll
    Parameter 2 : 0
    Set Registry Value
    Parameter 1 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AdobeViewer\EULA
    Parameter 2 : 00000001
    Parameter 3 : REG_DWORD
    Set Registry Value
    Parameter 1 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AdobeViewer\Launched
    Parameter 2 : 00000001
    Parameter 3 : REG_DWORD
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : del "%allusersprofile%\Desktop\Adobe Reader 9.lnk"
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : del "%allusersprofile%\Desktop\Acrobat.com.lnk"
    Delete File
    Parameter 1 : #AgentTemp#\AdbeRdr910_en_US_Std.exe
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : Deployed Adobe Reader 9.1
    ELSE
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : Adobe Reader 9.1 Already Installed

Legacy Forum Name: Adobe Reader 9.1 Install,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • Not bad!

I was able to simply change the filename in my earlier 9.0 deployment script, seemed to do the trick. I'm lacking the test for an existing 9.1 that you have here, but to offset that I'm using a View to check for AcroRd32.exe with version number less than 9.1.

Of course, having set all of that up yesterday, today I get to go around annoying people by scheduling a 42MB download all over hither and yon... Le sigh.

(Okay, I'm indeed going to look into a way to script staging this into their patch source if configured and run it from there. The balance I'm trying to strike is between "time required to implement The Right Way" and "getting this fix out there before someone gets compromised.")

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • Another script for this can be found here.

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • The script posted here doesn't seem to update 9.0 to 9.1... It goes through the install, but the other script you posted in the other thread works good!

thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: Resistance2Fly