Kaseya Community

Creation of Domain admin accounts

• Dear All,

I have been trying to build a script that creates a Service account and makes it a member of the administrators group in the domain, I need it to be deployable on any site but I struggel all sites have difrent AD structures and names.

Has anyone got this working that is willing to share ??

regards,

Legacy Forum Name: Creation of Domain admin accounts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Andreasb
  • Not sure if this will help but I have a script that when run on the domain controller resets the password of an account. I ran this on different domains successfully.

execute shell command
    net user username password /expires:never
    execute as user

Where username and password where my account and the new password. So I belive you could modify this possibly.
    Also try the following, I never did test it on a domain but it appears it will create the account. Leave the %userdomain% and the domain will automatically be calculated and filled in.

net localgroup Administrators %UserDomain%\UserID /add

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • Thanx a mil for the brain storm, net group /domain:%userdomain% /add is the correct one, thanx for the feed back, will post script in this post when it is tested.

• Andreasb
    Thanx a mil for the brain storm, net group /domain:%userdomain% /add is the correct one, thanx for the feed back, will post script in this post when it is tested.

Here is the script as promised .! :

Script Name: Create Kservice account
    Script Description: This script creates the KService System account on domain controllers and adds to the Dimain Admins group.

IF Service is Running
    Parameter 1 : Netlogon
    THEN
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : net user KService /expires:never /add
    Parameter 2 : 1
    OS Type : 0
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : net group "Domain Admins" KSERVICE /add
    Parameter 2 : 1
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : The KService account was created and added to the domain admins group
    ELSE
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : This is not a Domain controller