Kaseya Community

Kaseya user permissions

• Hello,

I have an issue where Im running a netdiag from kaseya shell command, and the domain membership test fails.

When you run netdiag command on the machine manually with the admin account the domain membership test passes.

It appears that the account kaseya uses to run shell commands doesn't have the proper access.

Could someone help please.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya user permissions,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cole
  • Use "impersonate user" in the script, and provide credentials for someone with domain admin rights.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • I have 55 clients on different domains, different credentials.

Legacy Posted By Username: cole
  • cole
    I have 55 clients on different domains, different credentials.

Why don't you use the "Reset Password" function on the Remote Ctrl tab and create a universal Administrator account for your company. Then create a script for servers that adds that account to the Domain Administrators.

Then you would have a single credential for all your clients.

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • Or, whilst this will take a little bit of time, create a global variable called say; clientCredentials and have this have a different value for each client, containing their credentials.

Not 100% sure if it'll work but its an idea.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • cole
    I have 55 clients on different domains, different credentials.

Respectfully, I'd like to point out that you may be missing what Kaseya brings to the table, here. Okay, different credentials, but in the script all you have to do is select "Use Credential" and the following script steps will execute as whatever the Set Credential is set to on whatever machine the script is running on. You don't have to change the script to match the environments, nor must you force a homogeneous environment change across all clients to suit the script.

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck