Kaseya Community

Kaseya 5.1 agent over-AD deployment script problem

• Hi All
    Our clients experience some problems in their network after installing Kaseya Agent over AD.
    Client stations hangs up on "Running startup script..." for 10 mins and more.
    After checking the issue - find out that new Group Policy object added - KAgentDeployment, it pointed to script InstallKAgent.bat
    Also - on all client machines following Event Warning logged:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Winlogon
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1217
    Date: 9/25/2008
    Time: 11:31:21 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: JULIACOMP
    Description:
    Execution of GPO scripts has timed out and have been terminated.

After removing this GP manually network operation returned to normal.
    Any suggestions - how to prevent this problems in the future?
    p.s. If someone do not have this script source - I'll post it later.
    Regards
    Denis

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya 5.1 agent over-AD deployment script problem,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dlaskov
  • Make sure that the user account that's logging in has permissions to access the share where the batch file and .exe are located. You'll get this when they don't have permission, and what it's really doing is asking for a username/password before the desktop is shown. It times out after 10 minutes, which is the default time out for scripts in GP.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • I have ran into the same problem with the AD install. I have also logged in as administrator on the domain and the same problem exists. Every bootup starts the install process again. Tried everything to resolve this, but nothing appears to stop the agent installation program.

Any ideas?

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • shickey
    I have ran into the same problem with the AD install. I have also logged in as administrator on the domain and the same problem exists. Every bootup starts the install process again. Tried everything to resolve this, but nothing appears to stop the agent installation program.

Any ideas?

We are experiencing same problems, and its not a security problem. Kaseya, WTF is going on, again???!!! Do you know meanings of QA, because lately product is increasing our support costs, not decreasing and we are seriously thinking to get rid of it.

/rant mode off

Rudi

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • Ditto. The client does not want to put anymore agents on machines because they don't want more of the same problem.

Mad

• Received Kaseya Support Answer -
    http://kb.kaseya.com/article.asp?article=296490&p=11855
    But still - problem is much deeper - Network and Audit policy don't match, also proper Update of All Agents was performed 5 mins after applying SP1 on KServer.
    For now solution - for us is to remove Kaseya from client stations, and reinstall again.

Legacy Posted By Username: dlaskov
  • Recieved the same response. But there was no "KAgentDeployment" existing on the domain controller, so that was not removed manually.

However, cancelling the lanwatch and setting it backup up again with the SP1 and the new client update installed resolved it for us.