Kaseya Community

Get current pattern database for F-Secure antivirus

• I am quite new to Kaseya, but I like what I have seen so far... Smile

Have anyone found an easy way to get the current status from F-Secure? I have found the engine version at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Data Fellows\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\CurrentVersionEx but I have not found the virus definition version in the registry...

Any help is appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Get current pattern database for F-Secure antivirus,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Kalle
  • We would also like some help with F-Secure Defs. How can we find them and report back to Kaseya

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: twinetworks
  • I don't have F-Secure but what about looking at the Definition file and get the date information from it? It won't give you the version info but you can at least see if its been updated recently.

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonb
  • I would like Kaseya to report the same information as the user would see in the F-Secure GUI. Right now my best plan is to extract the information from C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\dbupdate.log.

The last line in this file reads

2008-03-18 09:23:39.012 Update for DB type 10003 registered in policy: timestamp=1205828618, serial number=2008-03-18_01

The GUI reports that the database is at version 2008-03-18_01, this is the information i am looking for.

Legacy Posted By Username: Kalle
  • Since they have there own Antivirus Solution I wouldn't count on them specifically support F-Secure or any other product.

But they do give use the tools to be able to create our own solution.

Good Luck.

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonb
  • Kalle
    I would like Kaseya to report the same information as the user would see in the F-Secure GUI. Right now my best plan is to extract the information from C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Anti-Virus\dbupdate.log.

The last line in this file reads

2008-03-18 09:23:39.012 Update for DB type 10003 registered in policy: timestamp=1205828618, serial number=2008-03-18_01

The GUI reports that the database is at version 2008-03-18_01, this is the information i am looking for.

Does anyone know which file specifically is the definition file? That could be a better way than trying to parse out the last line of a log file. The version is just a date, and a variable in a script can check dates of a file... I've only been looking for about 30 minutes but I haven't had much luck in determining which file is the definitions file.

Legacy Posted By Username: jason.paquette@kaseya.com