Kaseya Community

Problem with weekend reboot script running immediately when deploying new agents

• Situation:
    1. I have a script that is scheduled to run every Saturday night to reboot the computer. Script is set to Skip if offline.

2. I have the script assigned to a template

3. When I setup a new computer, we use that template.

4. When the new agent gets started, it copies all the scripts from the template, and begins to run them in order – with a Scheduled Execution of the current time.

Problem:
    The reboot script gets included in the list of scripts to currently execute, which ends-up rebooting the PC.

I just want to reboot script to run the next Saturday night.

I have an idea about creating a temp text file, and having the script check for that file and skip if present, but I wanted to check with any recommendations of others.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Problem with weekend reboot script running immediately when deploying new agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I used to have the same setup. Copy the template or install the agent and the scripts would run as if trying to catchup with the scheduled run. Have not had that since the last VSA upgrade. Do you have the latest upgrade and hot fixes installed?

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • I am running KServer v5.0.0.21 and KAgent v5.0.0.8.
    Is that what you are running?

Lloyd

• I schedule a script to do the same thing...and dont have this issue. How exactly did you establish the schedule?

For example, I assign my script to a template and set the scheduled date to be a saturday in the past with it recurring every 7 days and skip if offline.

I am running an even older version 4.8.1.0.

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • XeviouS,

I am using the exact same method.

I am not sure why this is happening now. It did not happen in the past.

Lloyd