Kaseya Community

Compatvility Pack for Office 2007, View for Office 2003 installed

• Hello. I am working on a script to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats.

I have the script created, and it seems to be working well. I have copied the script below, for others to copy/edit/use/update/etc, as others have helped me a lot in this forum. Background: There are variables for the filenames, descriptions, locations, etc. - as I have a template script that I use for installing programs, and all I have to do is update the variables at the beginning. I also tend to write thinsg to the local Windows Event Log and the Kaseya log, to leave a trial of work performed. You will have to upload FileFormatConverters.exe to your kserver.

My problem is.... I would like to create a View that filters the computers to only list those that have Microsoft Office 2003 installed. And I cannot figure out how to do this. Any ideas?

Lloyd

==================================================
    Script Name: Office Compatibility Pack for Office 2007 install
    Script Description: Install Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats. Copy FileFormatConverters.exe file from kserver to local agent temp directory, execute, delete file, popup message. No reboot.

IF True
    THEN
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 2
    Parameter 2 : FileFormatConverters.exe
    Parameter 3 : FileName
    OS Type : 0
    Get Variable
    Parameter 2 : /quiet /norestart
    Parameter 3 : Command_Line_Parameters
    Get Variable
    Parameter 2 : Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats
    Parameter 3 : Program_Description
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 10
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : AgentTemp
    Write File
    Parameter 1 : #AgentTemp#\#FileName#
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\WCI\FileFormatConverters.exe
    Execute File
    Parameter 2 : #Command_Line_Parameters#
    Parameter 3 : 3
    Pause Script
    Parameter 1 : 10
    Delete File
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : eventcreate /L APPLICATION /T INFORMATION /SO WolfTrack /ID 999 /D "Installed #Program_Description#."
    Parameter 2 : 1
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : Installed #Program_Description#
    Send Message
    Parameter 1 : Installed #Program_Description#. You do not have to take any specific action. We just wanted to inform you of the installation performed via WolfTrack Automation tools.
    Parameter 2 : 1
    ELSE
    ==================================================

Legacy Forum Name: Compatvility Pack for Office 2007, View for Office 2003 installed,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I haven't tested this but found a script here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/jan05/hey0110.mspx

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: djmundy
  • Whilst it may be a bit of a lame way to do it, you can do a software report to show machine ID's based on licenses - you can see which machines have Office 2003 on it that way and create a view by manually entering the machine ID's to show.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx