Hello to all,

I was wondering if anyoen has found a way to install Symantec System Center using command line using Kaseya?

I am working on a project to try and upgrade servers from prior versions of Symantec Antivirus 10.x to the latest 10.1.7.7000 (well, latest version that is not version 11)

According to the Symantec documentation that I have found so far, my steps would be the following.
1) un-install existing Symantec Center Center
2) over-install latest Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition
3) install/re-install latest Symantec Center Center

These steps match our typical manual installation procedure. I am looking for a way to try to script this using Kaseya - as it usually takes quite a while to do onsite, with many reboots, which makes it hard to get done. If I add the reboots to the list, it would now look like this

1) download zipped version of CD to the local server
2) extract contents of CD on the local server
3) initial pro-active reboot
4) un-install existing Symantec Center Center
5) reboot
6) over-install latest Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition
7) reboot
8) install/re-install latest Symantec Center Center
9) reboot

I am certainly okay with the reboot command using Kaseya scripts. I am okay with downloaded the CD and extracting to the local server. And looking at the Symantec documenation, I believe they have provided all the paramters that I need to install latest Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition silently from command line.

But the Symantec documentationthat I read also said "Note: Silent installation of the Symantec System Center is not supported. "

I was wondering
1) if anyoen has found a way to install Symantec System Center using command line using Kaseya?
2) Same question for uninstall.

As always, thanks very much in advance.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Command Line install/uninstall for Symantec System Center,
Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf