Kaseya Community

Execute Shell Command

• Hi guyz,

Your helps is appreciated. I just want to know how to use the command shell in scripts? Is there any notes or list of command somewhere in internet that i can refer to? Why we need to use a command shell?
    Expertise needed and do explain me about this coz i am new in Kaseya and not much knowledge about windows also.

Gimme the idea how to use shell command. Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: Execute Shell Command,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tesvin
  • Learning the command shell isn't something that this forum is going to be able to teach you. You will need to do a bunch of reading and experimenting to get a bit of experience with the command prompt. Check this site for a few of the available commands (certainly not a complete list): http://www.ss64.com/nt/

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • The thing about microsoft and why we still use the shell commands is that it allows an administrator to run programs behind the scenes while the end user is working in the GUI. Miscrosoft started out as just a command line based operating system a.k.a. "DOS" and at its heart it still is...That is the history and the main reason that we run shell commands. If you want to know more then I suggest that you go through Microsoft's Technet Knowledge base and do a search for shell commands. Also talk to some of those old timers out there and see if they still remember any DOS shell commands and what they do, and even find an old DOS book, most though certainly not all of the commands that you find in there will still work...Think old school funk and rock and roll and be thinkingabout shell commands in a fond way.Cool

Legacy Posted By Username: rjlewis
  • command prompt -> help

profit

Legacy Posted By Username: james@williswhite.co.nz
  • Guyz... it help me a lot. Thanks for the info.......walla!!!

Legacy Posted By Username: tesvin