Kaseya Community

Kaseya Agent Icon, and Terminal Services

• Ok, I've dug through the forums and found some info on how to make the Kaseya Agent Icon show up for Terminal Server Users. I've hit a snag though, it will only show for one user at a time so...
    - If I log in I see the icon
    - If a second user logs in afterwards they don’t see the icon
    - If I log out while that user is still logged in, the icon will appear for that second user
    - If I then log BACK in I won’t see the icon until the current user logs off

*I hope this makes sense to everyone (besides myself) if I need to re-write that I can*

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Agent Icon, and Terminal Services,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jfoote
  • We wanted our terminal server users to be able to use the Kaseya system tray icon to enter tickest but it would only show on the console. This did the trick: KB article - http://kb.kaseya.com/article.asp?article=271918&p=11855

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jim@sdgi.com
  • That's the script i'm using right now, but for some reason the icon only shows for one user at a time (it wont show for any other users untill the user WITH the icon disconnects, then the next in the list will get it and so on and so forth.)

Legacy Posted By Username: jfoote
  • I was attempting to resolve the same issue. At first I created some VBScript code that I uploaded to the clients through the Managed Files utility. Then I placed a shortcut icon on each users desktop pointing to my script files. The script parsed the Kaseya config file for login information and then utilized the Kaseya server-side functions to generate the encrypted login.

This was slow and hard to manage in the even of updates. I then created a C# application that would work on desktops as well as Terminal Server using a command line switch placed in the shortcut that launches the application. That way on a TS Server this program could first check and see if the TS Client has it's drives attached and read the Kaseya config file from the local computer and if not present it would login as the TS server using it's local config.

I thought it was pretty neat, it's way faster than the encoded VBS files I was using before.

Legacy Posted By Username: mkohut
  • Hi mkohut,

Could you sent/post the vbs-files and/or you c#-app? We are using 6 terminal services and I would like to support Kaseya for those users also!

Thanks in advance.

Legacy Posted By Username: 1key-rob
  • Did this ever get resolved? I have 100 TS users that I need to have access to the Kaseya Icon, but can only seem to get it to show up once (for the first user). I have set the registry setting for the " -remote" fix, but no joy.

Anyone?

Legacy Posted By Username: jfranks@get-covered.com
  • Once this is working how can I get the send message to go to all TS users?

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: em04048
  • em04048
    Once this is working how can I get the send message to go to all TS users?

Thanks

Execute a Shell Command like this:

msg * The server is shutting down. Go home.

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael