Kaseya Community

Uninstall Quicktime

• Anyone have any luck using Kaseya to uninstall Quicktime?

Legacy Forum Name: Uninstall Quicktime,
    Legacy Posted By Username: chrish32
  • You can parse the registry for the uninstall string at

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Uninstall\[name of application]\UninstallString

If you see QuietUninstallString, that would be the one I’d try first, but not all applications have a QuietUninstallString

Once you have the uninstall string, you can run it to remove the app

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dbennett
  • Use the following commands in your batch file to silently un-install QuickTime:

msiexec.exe /i "\\servername\share\QuickTime.msi" /passive DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=NO

msiexec.exe /x {FF59BD75-466A-4D5A-AD23-AAD87C5FD44C} /qn /norestart

"DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=NO" will suppress the creation of QuickTime desktop shortcut.

The first line will silently upgrade the QuickTime installed on the machine to the latest version 7.79.80.95 (will replace the previous version).

The second line will un-install the QuickTime completely.

Note: use the latest version of QuickTime.msi i.e. version 7.79.80.95

-----------------------------------

Kaseya Agent Procedure (Upload the latest QuickTime.msi (ver 7.79.80.95) to the VSA shared folder):

getVariable ("Agent Working Directory Path", " ", "AgentTemp", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

writeFile ("QuickTime.msi", "#AgentTemp#\QuickTime.msi", "All Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

executeShellCommand ("msiexec.exe /i "#AgentTemp#\QuickTime.msi" /passive DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=NO", "Execute as System", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

executeShellCommand ("msiexec.exe /x {FF59BD75-466A-4D5A-AD23-AAD87C5FD44C} /qn /norestart", "Execute as System", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

• I was messing around with this yesterday, I came up with this

Executeshellcommand (as system) "wmic product where "Name like '%quicktime%'" call uninstall"

I pushed it out to a bunch of clients, but I am not sure how to force the agent to update its program list.  I ran both a systeminfo and a latest audit, but the clients are still showing the program installed.  if I remote into the computer, the program is not there.

This silently removes any programs with the word QuickTime in it, it does so silently and removes the icon.  If you might have some other program with QuickTime in it, you can be more specific in the wmic query.  i.e.

wmic product where "Name = 'quicktime 7'" call uninstall

wmic product where "Name = 'quicktime 6'" call uninstall

wmic product where "Name = 'quicktime 5'" call uninstall