Kaseya Community

Send an Email /w Attachment

This question is answered

Is there any way we can use the 'Send Email' Step, and add an attachment.

This would be very useful. We were thinking of setting up silent disk defraging for example, and the Log File that comes out is very nice.

I want to be able to maybe 'Get File' to the Kserver, then send email to our service desk email box for anyone to check the results of the defrag.

[edited by: nightshift at 7:10 PM (GMT -7) on 9-22-2010]
Verified Answer
  • No obvious options to attach file via Kaseya's Agent Procedure "Send Email" function, for a good command line one try this one; www.muquit.com/.../mailsend.html

I used it before my Kaseya days with another tool called ProduKey to email me customers Windows License keys when I'm asked to do a Microsoft Audit and it worked great.

• You could get the file to a variable, then run another IF check on that variable for 'contains'

Look for some sort of string that indicates defrag worked (e.g. defrag completed successfully) and then have a specially tailored email say exactly what you want. If it does not contain that string, then it would appear the defrag did not work, in which case you'd probably want to include the variable contents in the email so you can look at what went wrong.

All Replies
  • No obvious options to attach file via Kaseya's Agent Procedure "Send Email" function, for a good command line one try this one; www.muquit.com/.../mailsend.html

I used it before my Kaseya days with another tool called ProduKey to email me customers Windows License keys when I'm asked to do a Microsoft Audit and it worked great.

• You can get the results to a variable (Get Variable -> File Content) and then add that to the email body if the results are just going to be plain text.

• Thanks Guys, both of these are close to what I want.

The mailsend command wouldn't quite work as our workstations aren't able to use SMTP from the local machine by policy, to prevent spam emails doing something simmilar in large quantitys.

The Get Variable idea is fine, because you could then manualy copy the info into a new HTML file and store it, but really - Kaseya is here to reduce the amount of manual action for IT Support.

I suppose maybe I only need a small amount of the info, like 'Defrag Completed Succesfully', which would be possible to use 'Write to Agent Procedure Log' or something. I dont know.

Any solution along that path maybe if we cant email the files.

• You could get the file to a variable, then run another IF check on that variable for 'contains'

Look for some sort of string that indicates defrag worked (e.g. defrag completed successfully) and then have a specially tailored email say exactly what you want. If it does not contain that string, then it would appear the defrag did not work, in which case you'd probably want to include the variable contents in the email so you can look at what went wrong.

• Wonderful! Thanks very much... That will do perfectly. Thanks for all your help.