Kaseya Community

Raise alert only on script failure

• Hi all

I have a bunch of scripts that create a script log entry based on event log entries - like AV updates successful, backup successful etc. These check for application event log entries with particular sources and event ID's.

I would like to _not_ raise an alert if the script runs successfully, but still write to the script log that a successful run has occured. Can that be done?

TIA.. Jeremy

Legacy Forum Name: Raise alert only on script failure,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jeremysherriff
  • Hi, update on this (sorry for any confusion)

I have Alerts assigned based on certain event log entries, which then run scripts.

The scripts simply write an entry in the script log, which I use as a counter in a customised executive report.

Basically, what I want is the ability to close the alert in the script, so that the alert is not hanging around making my Alarm Status screen all red.

Any help appreciated!

Legacy Forum Name: Script Discussion,
  • jeremysherriff wrote:
    I have Alerts assigned based on certain event log entries, which then run scripts.

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is not possible at this time. Any alert will always generate an alarm. There have been a few posts about the alerts becoming a bit more like monitor sets in future releases (with thresholds, trending, and the ability to disable alarms), but so far nothing yet. I'd imagine there's quite a bit of back-end work to implement this, but given time I'm sure the feature will show up.

AR

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • How about passing the alert ID to the script, and setting that alert id to closed state?