Kaseya Community

Script for Trend Micro counter

• I need to know what is the best way to create a script that will download and record the counter for Trend Micro A/V so that we can have a record that we can email from our office to trend micro as a status report of all of our systems and how much we use their software.

Legacy Forum Name: Script for Trend Micro counter,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cgardner@goci.com
  • Not sure by your question, but if you're trying to simply get a count of managed machines that have Trend installed, no script is needed. Just create a software inventory report that looks for one of the EXE files used by Trend (sorry, don't use it myself so I can't tell you what EXE to look for). Then run the report and it will tell you how many and which machines have it there.

You can also create a view that looks for the same EXE. I do that with AVG, Symantec, Sophos, etc. so I can easily see all machines with each of those installed.

Legacy Forum Name: Script Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • What I am trying to do is record the individual virus scan results - that tell me what the scans found and so on....

Legacy Posted By Username: cgardner@goci.com
  • Unfortunately, that's not so easy - if even possible. You see, there's really no way (that I've heard of) that you can really get that information out of Trend and into Kaseya. About the closest is if you can dump the scan results into a file and then you can import that file into the script and parse it.

Of course, it is also usually possible to act on an event; most antivirus software (and I'm not familiar with Trend enough to tell you if it is one of them) can create an entry in the event log when a virus is detected. You can then act on those by creating an alert and then reporting on those alerts.

Legacy Posted By Username: warever