Kaseya Community

Variable set to Contact Notes

• Does anyone know of a way to assign a variable with the Contact Notes from the Agent? We currently add info into all the Agents Contact Notes and want to be able to run a script that adds that info into the email sent at the end of the script. Thank you.

Adam

Legacy Forum Name: Variable set to Contact Notes,
    Legacy Posted By Username: AGernhart
  • You should be able toget the notes via the new SQL View feature available in v4.8. Add a step in your script with the following fields:

Get Variable

SQL View Data

vAdminNotesLog/NotesDesc

agentNotes

This should pull the notes into a variable called #agentNotes# which you can then embed into a "Send Email" step.

(Havent had a chance to try the above but should work in theory)

-Ed

Legacy Forum Name: Script Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa
  • I gave that a shot and the script failed on assigning the variable. I looked through the database and it looked like there might be a typo with vAdminNotesLog/NotesDesc and I tried vAdminNotesLog/NoteDesc instead. Still failed. Is there something I need to do to enable SQL View Data? And how do I find what the variable options are? For example vAdminNotesLog/NotesDesc being the Notes field. I looked through the Help and did not find any listing. Thank you for your time.

Adam

• Adam,

You are right about the typo, that was my fault, it should have been NoteDesc.

Not sure what the problem might be, look at the script log for clues. You can get a complete reference to Database Views exposed by Kaseya in the PDF version of the help file:

http://help.kaseya.com/WebHelp/en-US/4080000/VSAguide48.pdf

Look under System->Database Views

-Ed

• Whoops, nevermind I found the problem. I gave you the view for Admin notes that you enter for an agent by clicking on the "Notes" button on top-left corner of the console, what you were actually looking for is contact notes that are entered in the Machine Summary screen or via Agent tab->Edit Profile. The view for these notes is:

vAgentConfiguration/contactNotes

I just tried it in a quick script and it worked.

Sorry for the confusion...

-Ed

• That worked perfectly. Thank you very much. I will look through the pdf for any more that I might need.

Adam