Kaseya Community

Logon Script

• I thought the impersonate user was what I needed, but it seems that I need to be logged on for a certain application to run, but I don't see a way to do it via Kaseya.

What I need it to 'CTRL' 'ALT 'DEL' and input a username and password via a script. When I Googled it, all I got was you can't use send keys to do this. Does anyone have another way I can accomplish this task?

Legacy Forum Name: Logon Script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rdmtech
  • Can someone confirm there is no way to do this?

Legacy Forum Name: Script Discussion,
  • I'm not sure if I completely understand your context, but I'll give it a try. After a script executes Impersonate User everything else the script executes runs under the context of that user. However, the system has not assigned a screen to display data for that user. If the application you are trying to run opens windows, then the system sends the display info to the bit bucket. If you want the applicaton to run on the current user's screen, then that user needs to have permission.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland
  • If the computer is sitting at the logon screen I can't run scripts. Is it possible to run scripts if no user is logged on?

• You can run Kaseya scripts when no one is logged in. Sounds like your trying to use an AutoIT script to log into the computer. Provide more details as to what program you are working with and what *exactly* your trying to accomplish as there may be bettermethod to the end result.

Legacy Posted By Username: eruberts