Kaseya Community

AUDITING

• While running Kaseya we have a way to run several things to audit a network and collect several items of info to justify the need for services in this company we are running the audit in.

Example of items to run:
    Adaware Scan Only (nofix)
    DHCP configuration (Easy Script using netsh)
    Windows Firewall Config (Netsh)
    Exchange DB Sizes
    Patches
    Disk Fragmentation
    IIS - (not sure yet)
    SQL - (not sure yet) At least detect it

Feel free to post any Scripts that can be of use in an audit type of environment

Legacy Forum Name: AUDITING,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • DHCP Server.txt
    DHCP Script, This will detect if DHCP Service is running and if so will dump the configuration file and put the scope/s in the Script Log.

Legacy Forum Name: Script Discussion,
  • With many users using .pst files with Outlook, you could run a script to search for .pst files and return the sizes so that you can warn a customer of potential issues if their files are getting too big.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • I have a script that does PST files as well as My Documents Folder size

will post soon

Legacy Posted By Username: restech
  • Find Files.zip
    This scipt will do just that and more. It will find any file on a computer. It is way faster than windoes search and is set up to email you the information.

This script was found somewhere in the forums, but I do not remember where.

Just unzip and import the .asp file using your script importer. I use this one a lot.

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • I would like to see your "my documents" folder size script as well. I could modify that to do a lot.

Gamer-X

• You might want to check my entry at http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=165&forum_id=16for sql monitoring script. I'll be doing more for this subject when Gamer-X quits bugging me.

Hex (a.k.a. Scruffy)

Legacy Posted By Username: hexeliebe
  • So we have a great start on another great master script.
    We just need to complete the list:

Check IIS - this can maybe be as simple as looking for the inetpub directory.
    Anything else needed from the list started below?

• checkForIISSVS.zip
    sourceminer wrote:
    So we have a great start on another great master script.
    We just need to complete the list:

Check IIS - this can maybe be as simple as looking for the inetpub directory.
    Anything else needed from the list started below?

The problem with checking for the INETPUB directory is that this is not an indicator of having the World Wide Web Publishing Service installed and/or running. here is a script that can be modified to test for any service. Modify it to do what you will by replacing the msgbox with additional vbscript code.

Scruffy

Legacy Posted By Username: hexeliebe
  • Auditor.pdf
    Ok so this is the goal here is a report mock up I did a year ago.
    Maybe we can put our heads togeather to get this done. Maybe by using other tables in sql and SQL reporting services.

• I am guessing by mockup that this was done outside of Kaseya. I just re-read that. Is this the output from some other program. Or did you just make this up.

Legacy Posted By Username: toddbn
  • I have located a pretty good starting framework that is opensource. Here is the website.

http://auditisx.krolrules.com/

It is written in vb.net. The source code is available. The program will work with Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL. It is currently limited, but is pretty far along in terms of making an auditing tool. I do not write code in vb.net well enough to be of much help. Check it out... post what you think.

Gamer-X

• Yes this is a mock up that I created to be used with Kaseya. Kaseya drives the scripts that run all these routines and collects the data then I had planned on using SQL reporting services to make this report.

I have all the HTML Template for this report. The Idea came up whenI made the first Ever Executive Summary for Kaseya, However the Executive Summary was a priorityI never got the Auditor finished.

• GamerX,

I was looking at that Open Source but could not find anything about Detecting IIS and SQL, with tests for Vulnerabilitiesetc.. looks like it just does the basics like Kaseya already does.

• Yes, I posted it as a framework. It does indeed do mostly what Kaseya already does, but I was paying particular attention to the portion that was detecting what virus scanner you had installed, etc...

It seemed only natural to take the code to the next level and add the additional portions like IIS detection, etc...

Also, it was only an idea. I was looking for something useable so that the entire product did not have to be created from scratch. I know that the Kaseya scripting software is powerful, but without additional programs, and additional VB scripts, etc... I saw no way to accomplish the proposed task. I did not want to try to put together 7 different applications in order to gather the data for the report. I was focusing more on a single exe that would possibly get the job done, and in a faster time frame.

Thanks for the post Sourceminer. I am willing to commit my resources to helping make this a reality in the VERY near future instead of putting it on the back burner.

Lets talk more about it.

Gamer-X