Kaseya Community

Success THEN? ELSE? Failure?

• When running a script that does PC Cleanup (defrag, disk cleanup, ad-aware scan, etc) it does some weird things.

At times, a client station will report Success THEN, or Success ELSE, or sometimes a failure (which at most times, we can see why it failed).

My concern is not knowing the difference between "Success THEN" and Success "ELSE". My logic tells me that a Success THEN is successful up until a THEN statement, but maybe hangs? A Success ELSE might be that it's successful up until the last ELSE statement? Most of these systems are of the same configuration, XP SP2, etc.

Can someone clarify?

Legacy Forum Name: Success THEN? ELSE? Failure?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BCarder
  • Hi,

Success THEN, means that the script ran the THEN branch succesfully, while success ELSE means it ran the ELSE branch of the script successfully.

Success as far as the script is concerned does not necessarily equate to success as far as the client is concerned, as although every attempt is made for the script to try and pick up feedback from the client, of course the script can't possibly know what constitues success or failure for every command, program etc that you might script.

Hope this helps clarify.

Legacy Forum Name: Script Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Thanks Ray, again, you helped us!

Legacy Posted By Username: BCarder
  • Big SmileHappy to help!

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • I also wonder the same.

• Scripts that return Success ELSE seem to give me less than desirous results.