Kaseya Community

CCleaner Portable

• Ok, please find enclosed ... a zip file attached to this post.
    IT HAS BEEN RENAMED to ccleaner_portable.txt so it will upload........ just download it and change it to .zip
    Directions are also included in the zip file.

Enjoy

Gamer-X

Legacy Forum Name: CCleaner Portable,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • This script uses the default directory c:/temp
    Make any changes you want.

This script does not delete files less than 48 hrs old, or history, or cookies, or recently typed URLS.
    You can change these settings by first editing the portable.ini file and removing the /AUTO portion.
    Save it and run portable.exe...
    Any changes you make in the GUI will be remembered by the .ini files and there you go.
    If you try to run ccleaner.exe ..the program will error but you need it in the folder.
    I saw mention of having to register the .ocx files with regsvr32.exe..... you might have to do that... I did not have any problems though.
    Remember to add the /AUTO command back or it will require user intervention in the GUI. It will also not run silently. The cleaner_installation.exe file is also designed to run silently.
    There is also mention of a need to have higher than "user" permissions.

Just check out their forum for more info. http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=5707

Gamer-X

Legacy Forum Name: System Administration Scripts,
  • occasionally you will have to update the .ini files ito keep it current. Just write a scrirt for it, or occasionaly recompile your uploaded .zip file.

The lastest version now fully supports cleaning firefox. There is mention that you will have to have firefox closed " in the GUI version it triggers a pop-up".. I did not have an issue with this.

Gamer-X

Legacy Forum Name: System Administration Scripts,