Kaseya Community

How do you print a report from a script

• I need to produce a report that lists all installed apps by machine.

I know there is a report function that lists all the apps and the machines that have that app on it. I need the report the other way around. List the machines with all the apps installed on it.

Does anyone have a script that can do something like that?

Thanks for your time.

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: How do you print a report from a script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: hooksj
  • We had the same problem. My solution was good ole' vbscripting. You can use the "Enumerating Installed Software" vb script example at the site below to piece together a script to run on your machines. This should give you the installed apps per machine. Then you can generate a report based on the content of the csv or txt files put out by the script. Good luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/guide/default.mspx?mfr=true

Legacy Forum Name: System Administration Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mcmonagle
  • Doesn't the "Machine Summary" report do that for you? If you just select "Applications" to be displayed, don't you get a list of machines and all the applications installed on that machine?

Or did I misunderstand your problem?

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • You get a list of all applications (which means every executable on the entire machine). While this is useful for forensics, it is relatively useless in report form for the purposes I am looking for. I would prefer an "Add/Remove Programs" listing of installed software for our clients.

Legacy Posted By Username: mcmonagle