Kaseya Community

SNMP Monitoring

• I'm looking for a SNMP Monitoring software that can be deployed by Kaseya to a machine on the client's LAN. I want to have local SNMP enabled devices send SNMP traps to that machine. I then want the SNMP Monitoring software to email the traps to a specifiedemail address that we can monitor and create tickets from.

Does anyone know of such a monitoring program? Or does Kaseya have the ability to monitor SNMP Traps and send alerts?

Alternately, does anyone know of a SNMP Monitoring software that we can install on a server/pc at our office which will receive those SNMP traps and either update a file that Kaseya can monitor, parse and alert or email the traps to an email address that we monitor.

Thanks,

-Matt

Legacy Forum Name: SNMP Monitoring,
    Legacy Posted By Username: servicorps1
  • Well, a SNMP monitoring software remotly deployable would be almost impossible to find considering the nature of SNMP. (though I could be wrong) Now if your wanting to monitor SNMP traps I like using CACTI (http://www.cacti.net/). It works very well, uses RRD Tool for graphing. However, it cant be remotley deployed and must reside on a server with either IIS or Apache.

Without knowing to much of what your wanting to watch this would be my recommendation on SNMP software. And besides, its free to. Smile

And also I know of no way (right now, think it may be coming in 4.6) to monitor SNMP in Kaseya.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: System Administration Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Please look in the Channel Partner Category, News and Update forum. Our next release has a Real Time Monitoring application.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Thought I saw that in the PDF Jim.. Thank You for confirming..

Smile

God Bless,

Marty

• I guess what I'm really looking for (at least until Release 4.6 comes out) is a program I can run at my office that receives SNMP data from devices at my customer sites. I want to monitor firewalls, routers, switches, printers, etc. Anything that supports sending SNMP data to a public IP address. I will configure my network to forward SNMP data comming in via the internet toa machine inside my network that has a monitoring software. It would be great if that monitoring software could then forward the SNMP data to an email address.

Truthfully, I'm new to SNMP. I just know that is the key to monitoring firewalls and other infrastructure equipment. If release 4.6 is more than a month away, then I really want to start looking at a temporary option to do the same.

-Matt

Legacy Posted By Username: servicorps1
  • Cacti can do that very easily. If you need any help setting it up just PM me.

God Bless,

Marty