Kaseya Community

Wake on lan with script ?

• Hello,

I want to make a script, wich can turn ona pc with wake on lan, with just a click. i now use the rw utility, but it's takes a lot of work this way. It would be great to have a script or extra menu item, so i could turn on the checkbox near the computername, and click on wake up....

anybody ?? :?

Legacy Forum Name: Wake on lan with script ?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: daemenict
  • I agree. Since the mac address is sitting in the database, is there a way to grab it from the database and put it in the script rather than manually entering it?

Legacy Forum Name: System Administration Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • It's not possible in the current version, but in a future version we are looking at being able to include audit data in scripts.

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Has this changed in the current version?

I am trying to get the IP, subnet mask and MAC address of a PC.

Mike

Legacy Posted By Username: mfelder
  • With a simple script like the wake on lan, it seems it would be easily written into the system someplace.

The only reason I can think of is a copyright/agreement issue with the people who wrote the rw.

Will this type of feature be in Kaseya soon?

Legacy Posted By Username: rodbibeau
  • I think it should be under Lan Discovery and it should use the Lan Watch machine to run on.

Legacy Posted By Username: rodbibeau
  • wol.zip
    I have created a solution that works well, but is comprised of several tools. It allowsyou to select a DHCP server on the network and run the script, waking up all machines that have WOL enabled.

The script uses the Microsoft dhcpcmd.exe to extract all DHCP entries from the DHCP database. Then it uses KiXtart to parse the extract file and create a batch file with the appropriate syntax to use the wolcmd.exe. Finally, it runs the batch file.

To make it work, there is a one-time edit that needs to be performed to set the DHCP server address and subnet and server name where the WOL folder is located.

You'll need to download the following:

dhcpcmd.exe from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232213

kix32.exe from http://www.kixtart.org/

wolcmd.exe from http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/wake-on-lan-cmd.aspx

These three files, plus the kixtart.kixneed to be in C:\WOL. You'll also need to edit the kixtart.kix, changing the following three variables to match your specific network:

$DHCPServer = "192.168.100.4"
    $Subnet = "192.168.100.0"
    $Server = "\\roi-dc4"

Once you've edited the kixtart.kix file, import the following script:

Script Name: WOL - all
    Script Description: This script extracts data from the DHCP database and creates a script to wake all computers on the LAN. The BIOS/NIC must be set to accept a WOL packet.

IF True
    THEN
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : c:\wol\kix32.exe
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : 0
    OS Type : 0
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : c:\wol\wol.cmd
    Parameter 2 : all
    Parameter 3 : 0
    OS Type : 0