Kaseya Community

executeShellCommandToVariable - "ECHO is on."

This question is answered

Hello,

Attempting to make a script grab the SID of a specific username on the endpoint and store it in a variable. No matter what command I put in to execute, the #global:cmdresults# variable contains the data "ECHO is on."  My command that I want to retrieve the result from is: wmic useraccount where name="username" get sid | findstr /r "^S.*[0-9]".

I even tried to the example in the documentation (dir %APPDATA%) but that too returned "ECHO is on." I am verifying the output using the writeTextToFile() statement. 

I attempted to use the getVariable() statement with a WMI property type, but I don't see anywhere I can add a "WHERE" clause to skinny the results down by username. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

EDIT: Just looked in the procedure history for the endpoint and every time I run the procedure it says "Error - unable to detect shell command results." I have also tried to fetch through powershell but the #global:psresult# comes back as ECHO is on as well!

Updated to reflect other things attempted and new information about the log
[edited by: barber at 5:59 PM (GMT -7) on Jun 6, 2018]
Verified Answer
  • Have you tried including @Echo Off  in the command

Or use "Cmd /c wmic useraccount where name="username" get sid | findstr /r "^S.*[0-9]"

All Replies
  • Have you tried including @Echo Off  in the command

Or use "Cmd /c wmic useraccount where name="username" get sid | findstr /r "^S.*[0-9]"

• Thank you Paul! cmd /c wmic useraccount where name="username" get sid | findstr /r "^S.*[0-9]" was the key. I just need to trim the string a bit and it will be perfect. Appreciate the help!