Kaseya Community

What happened to the application packager?

This question is answered

We used to have a tool under Scripts (Procedures) called Application Packager for setting up custom installers.  Did that get removed or replaced by something else?  We're finally getting around to testing out new tools but it's gone.

Verified Answer
  • I was confused by the custom installer comment from your initial post.  Packager was removed in R8.

8.0.0.3 Patch Release - 1 October 2014

Virtual System Administrator™

This patch removes the Packager function from the Agent Procedures module. (IP-400/CC-2027)

Fixed an issue with re-signing user agent procedures if the initial signing fails. (IP-401/CC-2029)

All Replies
  • I would review this again.  I am on the latest version of R9.4 and the application deploy feature is still present and active.

• No, the Application Deploy feature is script builder.  I'm referring to the Application "Packager" which, from what I understand, would create a custom installer based on a before and after snapshot of the workstation.   If it's no longer a feature in Kaseya, that's fine.  I just need that confirmed.

The documentation in this link is for older builds, but it's the only evidence of what I'm trying to describe:

help.kaseya.com/.../index.htm

• I was confused by the custom installer comment from your initial post.  Packager was removed in R8.

8.0.0.3 Patch Release - 1 October 2014

Virtual System Administrator™

This patch removes the Packager function from the Agent Procedures module. (IP-400/CC-2027)

Fixed an issue with re-signing user agent procedures if the initial signing fails. (IP-401/CC-2029)

• Thank you Oscar.

• groffnetworks,

I still have a copy of packager if you need it?

• Yes please!

• I uploaded it as a zip under my files.