Kaseya Community

Spybot 1.4

• Hi

Does anyone have an actual working script for spybot 1.4? The scripts I seen appear to work, but just found out that they are not actually cleaning the machines.

Here is what I have to run each day, but, it is not autofixing or imunizing:

Script Name: Run Spybot Daily
    Script Description: Run Spybot /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix /autoclose /immunize

IF Test File
    Parameter 1 : C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
    Exists :
    THEN
    Get Variable - (Continue on Fail)
    Parameter 1 : 6
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : machineid
    OS Type : 1
    Write File - (Continue on Fail)
    Parameter 1 : C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Default configuration.ini
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles.Default configuration.ini
    Execute File - (Continue on Fail)
    Parameter 1 : C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
    Parameter 2 : /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix /autoclose /autoimmunize
    Parameter 3 : 3
    Write Script Log Entry - (Continue on Fail)
    Parameter 1 : Spybot Run Successfully on machine
    ELSE
    Send Email
    Parameter 1 : co@company.com
    Parameter 2 : SPYBOT not running on #machineid#
    Parameter 3 : #machineid# failed to run spybot
    OS Type : 0

Legacy Forum Name: Spybot 1.4,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • Our script is the same as yours except that we do not have an else statement nor do we get the machineID and it works for us.

Have you tried running the same CL switches from the command line of the client without the /taskbarhide to see if it is being started properly?

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Spyware Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Hi

Have not tried that yet.

What I found was that I first run the VSA script. It appears to go thru. Then I go to the test machine and manually run the spybot app via the GUI. It runs and finds "problems". The script is suppose to clean up those problems, but it is not.

In task manager, I can see the job load,I can see the job working and I can see it complete, butit obviously is not really cleaning out the "problems". I now also question if the /autoupdate is really working, but I have to wait for an update to come out first.

I have also tried the regular script found here with the same results. If the spybot is not on the machine,the script will install it.However, if it is an older version (such as 1.2, 1.3, etc) the update will not update the version, justthe def files.You need to uninstall the old version manually, reboot (to remove the SDHELP.DLL file), and then install the new version. The /AutoUpdate does notdo that, nore notifyyou of the version.

• has anyone seen spybot assign a new file for every time it scans. aka...no single fixes.txt file. without the creation of this file, the script fails. this only happens on my machine though. none of my test machines have this problem. any suggestions?

Rod

Legacy Posted By Username: rodbibeau
  • Aha! Open SpyBot, go to Advanced mode, Settings, and look for the "Log file settings" section so you can turn off "Include date and time in debug filename." Once the settings are saved, take the resulting configuration.ini file and deploy accordingly.

(I've been tasked with creating a script set which will deploy, update, run and allow us to add statistics on SpyBoy to the ExecSummary. Whee!)

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • Shickey,

Spybot needs to be run twice. Once for the /autoupdate and again for the /autofix /autoimmunize /autocheck. Using the CLI Spybot is unable to perform both actions at once.

Legacy Posted By Username: gbowman
  • Thanks.

I contacted Spybot and they stated that Spybot has to run per user profile as it currently does not perform a global scan. Have not had time to check it out. Has anyone checked that out yet as far as checking per user profile ?

I run the two step proccess:

Script Name: Run Spybot Step 1 copy
    Script Description: Run Spybot /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix /autoclose /immunize
    Update the script to update deff files if you need to. Step 2 Add /Autoupdate and Step 5

IF Test File
    Parameter 1 : C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\spybotsd.exe
    Exists :
    THEN
    Write File
    Parameter 1 : C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Default configuration.ini
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\Default configuration.ini
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\spybotsd.exe
    Parameter 2 : /taskbarhide /autocheck /autofix /onlyspyware /autoclose /autoupdate /autoimmunize
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : Spybot Run Successfully on XP
    Execute Script - (Continue on Fail)
    Parameter 1 : Run Spybot Step 2 copy (NOTE: Script reference is NOT imported. Correct manually in script editor.
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : 0
    ELSE
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 4
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : agentDrv
    Write File
    Parameter 1 : #agentDrv#temp\spybotsd.exe
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\spybotsd.exe
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : #agentDrv#temp\spybotsd.exe
    Parameter 2 : /verysilent /nocancel /noicons /components="main"
    Write File
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\Default configuration.ini
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : Spybot Installed Successfully on XP
    Execute Script
    Parameter 1 : Run Spybot Step 2 copy (NOTE: Script reference is NOT imported. Correct manually in script editor.
    Parameter 2 :
    Parameter 3 : 0

------------

and

-------------

Script Name: Run Spybot Step 2 copy
    Script Description: Second part of the Run Spybot Step 1. This checks to see if Fixes.txt exist and then uploads them to the script log for reporting.

IF Test File
    Parameter 1 : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\fixes.txt
    Exists :
    THEN
    Get Variable
    Parameter 1 : 1
    Parameter 2 : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\fixes.txt
    Parameter 3 : fixes
    Get File
    Parameter 1 : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\fixes.txt
    Parameter 2 : Spybot-fixes.txt
    Parameter 3 : 1
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : #fixes#
    ELSE
    Write Script Log Entry
    Parameter 1 : No Spyware/Adware found.

• you know it makes you wonder why some applications only target the ONE user profile.. Seems like it would be more effecient to run in all profiles.. Sorry not helping much, just have to state my point.

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • Exactly. Totally agree. If they wrote the app, why notdesign it for the machine, not just per user user? Oh well....

• Do you know of any other spyware cleaner that works in the manner you suggest? For example, run it as admin and it cleans all user accounts? Just curious, because I've messed with a few of these types of apps, and I have yet to see one that does this.

Legacy Posted By Username: gbowman
  • Ad-Aware?

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • I figured out the "run twice for update and then scan" thing, but here's what I can't figure out: How to prevent it from running at next login after doing fixes. Say it removes most of (for instance) Hotbar, but where it would normally ask the user "should I run at startup to finish the job" it can't because we're in CLI mode. For some reason, the default answer is "yes." I'd rather it be "no." If a machine needs more detailed attention, I'll provide it manually. I don't want to annoy the end-user (who, up to this point, hasn't even been aware that I'm scanning and cleaning his machine) with a ten minute wait the next time they sign into their computer.

Once I find a way around this one, I've got the whole thing in the bag... I think.

• we are hoping to DUMP the old faithful spybot in leiu of AVG anti-spyware. I say Hoping....

all tests so far indicate that it works better than spybot S&D.

No word on command lineyet though. We are still playing with the new AVG anti-spyware version.

If you have not tried it.... give it a spin.

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • I write the Default configuration.ini file from our Kaseya Server to the PC's c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy directory, but when I run an Update and Scan (2 scripts), it still puts the results file in checks.yymmdd-hhnn.txt format if that is how the user had it set up before. Is there another location that Spybot pulls this information from?

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • Write Configuration.ini into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy for best results.