Kaseya Community

Spybot Reporting in the Executive Report

• Has anyone written anything to report how many fixes were reported by Spybot and display the information in the Executive Summary? I'm stuck on how to parse the script log to count the number of times it says "fixed".

Legacy Forum Name: Spybot Reporting in the Executive Report,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bpenland
  • Yes there is a way to report this, but like us you will have to write your own ASP report. When we first created the Executive summary and sent this to Kaseya to help them with the creation of there first version of the Executive summary it included this.

The script we are running actually gets the logs form Spybot or Adaware
    We then run nightly on our server a custom VBS script which scans all the get files directories for these files. We then parse out the number of critical files found/fixed and include them on our report.

Legacy Forum Name: Spyware Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • We're very interested in extending / modifying the executive report - any help with that?

Legacy Posted By Username: jlawrence
  • Sure, I could install TESS...

The Executive Summary System - A Custom asp report that gives the details on all these things.

Otherwise it is back to using notepad or Textpad and making an ASP page that has the info you want.

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • I want to write the content of text file after a virus scan or spy scan, I am doing this with the write log to kaseya but that does show up in executive report. How can do this or ad this to my executive report

So that when I run executive report it shows threats and virus clean or avoided

Oh any suggestion on how to do this

Is there a script to read text file and then write to the local event viewer

Legacy Posted By Username: windows2k3pro
  • I am very interested in this discussion. It seems that it wa never finished. What is Tess?

How can I find some help on creating scripts of this more advanced level?

I am highly interested in extending the reporting system of Kaseya.

I know that I can use crystal, etc... but scheduling the reports and adding the email addresses, and all that is just another step to every time a new client is added.

I wanted to work on something a little more integrated with the kaseya product rather than departing from it.

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, thoughts, on this subject?

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • Anything ever come of this?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex