Kaseya Community

Spybot 1.3

• Run_Spybot.txt
    This script will check for the existance of Spybot 1.3.

It will install Spybot if it is not present on the machine.

It will update, run, clean and log.

Log files will be written to the Kaseya server. Contents of the log files will be imported into the script log for reporting.

You must download and place the Spybot executable on your Kaseya server.

Kaseya does not support Spybot.

Legacy Forum Name: Spybot 1.3,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • This is great . Do we have one for adaware as well?

Legacy Forum Name: Spyware Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • As far as I can tell the standard (free)Ad-Aware doesn't have much if any of a CLI - I could be wrong. It does however support "semi-silent" install where you can basically push the free version and start an auto-updated scan that will be visible to the user. If you're interested in that I can post what I use.

R

Legacy Posted By Username: NetworkDepot
  • Sure that would be great , I would love to see it. Thanks

• Ad-Aware Install and Run.txt
    It's simple, but it works - you'll need to download the executable.

• OK - Maybe I'm not doing something right - it's quite possible Big Smile!

But...

Following the instructions, with a configuration.ini file and the install file both in the VSASharedFiles location, I consistently get the following error when trying to schedule the script...

10:21:41amDec28,04
    Failed THEN in step 6

Obviously the time changes but the Failed doesn't.

Looking on the PC itself it seems that spybot does execute, and that this failure occurs after a couple of minutes. Might it have something to do with the different names specified in the script for the .TXT files?

For some reason it seems that spybot returns date-time stamps on the files. Thus I get the following in the Kaseya Script Logs.

11:23:15pmDec28,04
    ERROR: Could not open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\checks.txt in getFileEx() task

ERROR: Could not open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\fixes.txt in getFileEx() task

ERROR: doGetVariableValue() failed to open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\fixes.txt

ERROR: getVariableValue() failed to get dynamic script variable value, type 1 - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs\fixes.txt.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• In the Settings of Sybot 1.3, you can specify to have the date and time appended to the file name or not.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Musta missed that. Thanks!

Addendum: Yes, I did miss it. It's under the Advanced Menu, Settings, Log File Settings. "Include date and time in debug filename".

In the configuration.ini file, it's the "IncludeLogDetails=1" option. Set it to Zero. Also set OverwriteLog=1.

Here's the updated section

[Logfile]
    WriteCheckLog=1
    WriteFixLog=1
    IncludeLogDetails=0
    OverwriteLog=1

Thanks for telling me where to look! Works much better now!

R

• Man, Its posts like this that are really great to see

Can you post your entire configuration.ini? I would love to see it. Thanks

• I am trying to make sure that I am re-createing teh script correctly ,
    y question is when its says

Parameter 3 : 3

This means to choose the fourthone down if you counts each item on the list?

Parameter 3 : 0

This woudl mean that you choose whats default?

• picture of spybot not fixing the issues.JPG
    Also It says that I ran the script successfully , but then when I check the computer that I ran it against it still has spyware?

I attached a screen shot of the results after the script ran succesfully.

I am wondering what I am doint wrong. I will also post my script inscreen shot format.

• Not sure why your script wasn't doing what it's supposed to.

We're still working out some issues but we'll post a configuration.ini file when we feel happy with it.

Thanks all

• I just got off the phone with Jim and he was explaining some stuff to me conecerning the Configuration.ini file and includes and excludes. Here is some info for everybody and pardon if you already know this.

Location on configration file is

documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy

location of includes is

documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes

Inside the excludes directory you can go ahead and edit the cookies with notepad of all the places you dont want to delete cookies at.

• What I am finding is that when I run the second script. It does an update with the website but also displays to the user that the update is taking place?

Legacy Posted By Username: STI
  • Has anybody successfully deployed spybot and feel comfortable that it will install-update-fix-imminize?

I have not been able to get it going myself. It seems that I am able to install and update but not run the clean . I am wondering if anybody is intrested in having a "spyware summit" amoungst the resellers . We could maybe figure this out together or something? Anybody body interested in setting some time aside and doing a confrance call with a bonuch on resellers? I have a live meeting account that we can us and I coudl setup a few machines that we could try this with. Maybe KAseya would be willing to foot some of the bill if we do a confrance call. Heck , maybe we can talk Jim into hanging out with us during the confrance call.

Any takers that woudl be willing or wanting to be there for the call?