Kaseya Community

Managed Antivirus & Managed Spyware with Kaseya

• Straight up, what are you guys using for a managed spyware and/or virus protection that is managed through the VSA (or reports back properly) nowadays?

I've seen that Spybot/Ad-aware has been used, but maybe not doing a tremendous job. What other products are you guys using through Kaseya?

And what about Antivirus? AVG? Anyone try the managed spyware/virus suite from McAfee?

Just looking to catch up and see what's been happening out there...

Legacy Forum Name: Managed Antivirus & Managed Spyware with Kaseya,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BCarder
  • We are using Spybot/Symantec combo and it works well..

We have found that if you run spybot at least once a day it does a very good job on its own of keeping things from getting on the system.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Anti-Virus Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • I've been using Trend Micro Client/Server/Messaging Suite. However, I only work with SMBs. As for spyware, I have very little problems with it. I insist no clients have local administrator rights on the workstations. It seems to stop them in their tracks.

Matt

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • We use Symantec corporate AntiVirus and Webroot Enterprise SpySweeper - both managed products, and we've got an excellent track record over the past2 years using these on concert with each other.

Legacy Posted By Username: CFT-Rick
  • Has anyone looked at eEye (http://www.eeye.com)

or

Sunbelt (http://www.sunbelt-software.com/CounterSpyEnterprise.cfm)

From looking at them, they providepretty good range of features and management options.

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • Does anyone have a script that can check to see if Spysweeper, MS Forefront, or MS Defender has been run on a particular machine within the past week?

Legacy Posted By Username: dabramson