Kaseya Community

Branded AV Data Collection

• Will there be posts for data collection / application push for these?

Legacy Forum Name: Branded AV Data Collection,
    Legacy Posted By Username: NetworkDepot
  • Do you use Corperate antivirus? or just regular home edition?

The reason I ask is , we happend to use Symantec corpertae edtion and it rolls out clients real nicly by itself. Just a few mouse clicks and boom. The whole network is installed. Jim does'nt like symantec , But I use it on all my clients. I know alot of people that use trend .

Sean Goss

Legacy Forum Name: Anti-Virus Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • Here's my ultimate interest....

Ability to collect info from ANY version of ANY AV program (McAfee, SAV, F-Secure, etc.) and store that info in standard Kaseya database that is brand-agnostic.

From there we could show status on an executive summary of ALL managed computers.

Make sense?

Legacy Posted By Username: NetworkDepot
  • Yes, I think that woudl be great as well. Very powerful. I wonder if Any of these companies write to a LOG file ? Most log file of coarsecan be read in notepad. Then maybe kaseya can parse that file into the reports.

Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • I know symantec corporate writes to a few different logs for viruses found, scan schedule, etc. We're going to be looking into this in the coming weeks so I'll post what I find.

Legacy Posted By Username: bpenland
  • We use McAfee and I know that they do store information in logs files that I can pull back into the Kaseya server, I would like to know how it would be best to parse that data once I have into something useful?

Legacy Posted By Username: owen
  • How well does the Norton Corp. Ed roll-out with the Kaseya server? Is the Kaseya Server acting as the update server? Have you scripted the install and updates?

How about the licensing aspect for Norton Corporate AV? Most of my clients are stand-alone PCs or very small workgroups.

Legacy Posted By Username: rx7kevin
  • Have any of you do a deployment for TREND? My customer environment is full Microsft 95/98/XP/2K. The problem is that the AV Console, because of the lack of a Domain (working on it), force to uninstall and reinstall the AV client, specially on 95/98. What I nee to do is a script for instaling and uninstalling. Have no results till now, any help?

Augusto

Legacy Posted By Username: atomala
  • Augusto:

Not sure how Trend is deployed. However, if you take a look at the scripts for AVG, Spybot and Ad-Aware, that may give you an idea of how to deploy it. If you can give me a little more detail on it's deployment method, I may be able to help you further.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Windows currently can check whether Antivirus is installed and whether it is up to date. Does anyone know if we can collect this data from xp sp2 rather than re-inventing the wheel so to speak?

Legacy Posted By Username: moriarty
  • As per the information below of Microsofts website, the information provided through the windows security center is actual done by the installed application using an API in real time, so it's not stored anywhere by windows, it comes down to whether each software vendor has choosen to pass the information through to the security center, which is just a common reporting tool in the windows GUI.

Third-Party Integration Through WMI

By integrating with WMI, security vendors hold ultimate control over the reported state of their products in the Security Center. Product state information is written to the WMI repository through a WMI Provider. Providers are basic vendor-developed processes that facilitate interaction between WMI and the security application. Windows Security Center receives vendor-provided state information in real-time, therefore, the user is always presented with the most current product information available.

Microsoft has provided security vendors with several tools to simplify development of WMI-integrated products. To date, more than 30 security products take advantage of the real-time reporting functionality offered by WMI.

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Rest of the article is here : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/wscoverview.mspx

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber