Kaseya Community

Stinger Anti-Virus

• Stinger_AntiVirus_Scan.txt
    This script will check for the existance of Stinger. If it is not present, the agent will get the file from the Kaseya server. Once present, Stinger will run and log the results. The log file will be copied to the Kaseya server. The results of the log file will also be imported into the Script Log for reporting within Kaseya.

You must download Stinger from McAfee and put it on your Kaseya server.

Kaseya does not support Stinger.

Legacy Forum Name: Stinger Anti-Virus,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Ok folks!

I have done it again. I have used this script in the past and it was great but now it got better. This new version uses 2 steps (2 scripts) This checks the existence of a program I use (wget) to get the latest files from NAI. So that you don’t have to always update stinger by hand! This will pull the file on the client machine if it is newer on NAI's site. Wget will only be installed once ( 2 dll's 1 exe, and a reg file )
    This is ziped into a self extracting rar file (updatestinger.exe) this extracts the files into the Program files/wget folder. This is done once. The script checks to see if the Path to WGet is in the registry (the reg file was merged) Then the Kaseya Script reads the path and uses the program to download the updated version of
    S-t-i-n-g-e-r.exe. I ave not figured out why it saves it into the System32 folder yet but maybe someone will figure that out. I have already spent to much time on this!

The Great thing about wget is that once installed you can copy the Stinger Step 1 and use the Wget portion to update AntiVirus Defs, Adaware Defs etc... anything that has a static file name and is located on FTP, HTTP. Heck you could even create a script that only does that... Update all your files. WGet will support multiple locations and files.

Here is what is needed to setup:

First Extract the attached ZIP 3 files will extract.
    Stinger Step 1.txt, Stinger Step 2.txt, and updatestinger.exe
    Import the 2 scripts using the import scripts feature, Upload the updatestinger.exe to your VSA (as a shared file).

Now this is very important. Because this is a multi-staged script you MUST edit the Stinger Step 1 Script to use the following:
    Modify Then Step 4 Execute Script Stinger Step 2
    Modify Else Step 5 Execute Script Stinger Step 2

This is necessary because the Export script feature does not export the names of child scripts needing execution.

Legacy Forum Name: Anti-Virus Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • Sourceminer - I noticed that you utilize WGET in many of your scripts. I have usedWGET insome cases and find it to be a very useful tool, but haveprimarily usedCURL.. which is included with Kaseya. Have you tried CURLand what are your feelings versus WGET?

Legacy Posted By Username: cberger
  • Does anyone have any ideas why WGET for the stinger.exe file doesn't work on XP Pro client on an SBS 2003 with ISA 2004? You can type the command line and it works but you do have to use the "" marks to allow the executable to go to the Program files folder. This script works fine on other networks.

Thanks

David Johnson

Legacy Posted By Username: effective
  • Not sure, most of the scripts that are using WGET are now going to be using CURL

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • Thanks

I have this problem, everytime i need to run a script it uses wget.

i've been trying to install it with the "install wget script", but i does not work for me.
    where can i download this tool?

thanks for your help.

Legacy Posted By Username: carla
  • Thanks

I have this problem, everytime i need to run a script it uses wget.

i've been trying to install it with the "install wget script", but i does not work for me.
    where can i download this tool?

thanks for your help.

• how can i get wget.exe file.

Thanks for your help