Kaseya Community

Push a file and execute the .vbs script

This question is not answered

Good afternoon,

I have a .VBS file that I want to push to all of my machines and I am trying to figure out the best agent procedure to use.  So far I thought I had it right, but its failing on me.

I am wanting to copy the file from a server file share and push to the C:\Temp folder on all machines and then execute it.  I am quite a newbie to these procedures so I might be totally off.

copyfile("\\server\share\folder\script.vbs", "C:\Temp\script.vbs", false, "All Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

executeVBScript("C:\Temp\script.vbs", " ", false, "All Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

First error I see in the log is:  FAILED in processing THEN step 1, Get Variable, with error File Open Failed, Type = 8

Any pointers would  be greatly appreaciated.

Chris

All Replies
  • Theres a built in script step call "Write File"

You just select the source file from the VSA e.g. your vbs file , and then the destination folder .. and then when the step executes as part of your script Kaseya will sort out pushing the file out to any machine you run the script on.

Once on the remote machine then you can execute the vbscript .. and then if you want delete the file once it has finished running

• This is my first post and I changed some things.  I have another post where I need to remotely stop a running application, copy a VBS file and then execute it and delete when complete (left the delete the script step off though)  

• Whats the name of the application you want to Stop

Whats the name of the VB script you want to run

What Folder is the Vbscript stored in on the kaseya server

e.g.  C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSASharedFiles\...????

If you let mowe know the above I could probably create an agent procedure for you